UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
State Actions and Responses
- Resolution on Enrollment Growth, UVA January 1990, Board
- Plan for the Year 2000, UVA January 1993 (produce of a
long-term, University-wide strategic planning process)
- Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Reductions in
Expenditures in Arts and Sciences, UVA March 1993, Harold H.
Kolb, Jr., Chair
- Summary of PEW roundtable discussions from April 6-7
meetings, UVA April 1993, PEW Recorder
- Resolution on Enrollment Growth, UVA June 1993, Board of
- Sustaining and Building Excellence In Difficult Times: The
Research University in the 1990s: The Case of the University
of Virginia, UVA September 1993, Steering Committee of the
Assembly of Professors and the Faculty Senate
- Sample responses from department chairs to Thomas H.
Jackson's request for information concerning how departments
address elementary and lower division teaching, UVA October
- November 1993
- .On Constructive Change at the University of Virginia: A
Presentation to the Board of Visitors, UVA November 1993
Ruhi Ramazani, Chair, Department of Government and Foreign
- Memo to Academic Deans Regarding the Process to Evaluate
All University Operations, UVA November 1993 Thomas H.
Jackson, Vice President and Provost and Don E. Detmer Vice
President and Provost for Health Sciences
- Proposal for an alternative mechanism for self-study (made
to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
as part of the University's reaccreditation process plan),
UVA November 1993. The proposal was accepted.