The Archaeology Lab and Archaeological Research at the Linder Center for Art History
Excavations and Research
The Archaeology Lab is home to the U.Va. archaeological
excavations in the classical and Hellenistic city of Morgantina (Sicily, Italy; directed by Prof. M. Bell), which are part of the overall U.S. archaeological
program on Morgantina (directed by Prof. Bell and Prof. C. Antonaccio of Duke
University), and to the Pompeii Forum project and related field work at the
site of Pompeii (Italy; directed by Prof. J. Dobbins).
Other current archaeological projects of Classical Archaeology faculty include excavations sponsored by Bilkent University and the University of Richmond at Hacimusalar, Turkey (Prof. T.J. Smith); and the House of Kadmos re-excavation and final publication project (Thebes, Greece; directed
by Prof. A. Dakouri-Hild).
Current graduate students:
Former graduate students include:
- William Archer (Department of Art, University of Illinois State University).
- Larry Ball (Department of Art and Design, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point).
- Scott Craver (Art History Program, St
- Kevin Cole
(Miami International University of Art and Design).
- Monica De
Simone (Rieti Museum, Italy).
- Renee Gondek (George Washington University, Center for Hellenic Studies).
Elizabeth Hahn (American Numismatic Society).
- Stephanie Layton Kim (Catholic University of America).
Kathleen Lynch (Department of Classics, University of Cincinnati).
- Ismini Miliaresis (American University at Rome).
- Courtney Morano (Virginia Museum of Fine Arts).
- Rosa Motta (Dept. of Classics, Christopher Newport University).
- Eric Poehler (Department of Classics,
University of Massachusetts Amherst).
- Carrie Sulosky (University of Pittsburgh, Art Department).
Justin Walsh (Chapman University).
- Dan Weiss (University of Virginia).
- Maria Zachariou (Athens, Greece).
McIntire Department of Art
University of Virginia
Lindner Center for Art History,
104 Fayerweather Hall
Charlottesville, VA 22903