Emergency Plan Procedures
School of Architecture
University of Virginia
If the fire alarm sounds or in the event of a bomb threat:
- Exit the building immediately.
- Assemble in front of Culbreth (Drama department).
- Do not leave the immediate Culbreth area until you have signed out.
- Check your email from a remote location.
- You will receive an announcement letting you know when it is safe to return to the building.
In case of a tornado warning:
- Immediately move to the lowest parts of the building.
- Ideal locations are Rooms 104, 105, 153, 158, 160.
- Stay away from all exterior windows and doors
If the power goes out:
- During the day, you may stay in the building.
- Be aware the emergency lights will last only one hour, and the main stairwell will be inaccessible.
- If it is dusk or dark out, you must exit the building immediately.
If you get stuck in the elevator:
- Use the phone in the elevator to call for help.
- The phone connects directly to Central Facilities.
- Don't panic. Be assured of a quick response to get you out.
Last modified February 8, 2007