P.O. Box 400210
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4210
The University's Vice President for Finance oversees key financial functions within the University and ensures that University funds are properly received, spent, and reported in accordance with university policies and state and federal regulations, serving a range of internal and external stakeholders. Among the areas of responsibility are financial reporting and compliance, managerial analysis and allocation, financial performance measurements, student financial aid, student billing, and financial planning. The Vice President for Finance reports to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
The Vice President for Finance leads the following University units:
- Office of the University Comptroller: The Comptroller's Office strives to provide financial and administrative leadership, strong internal controls, and services of the highest quality to the University community. The office is responsible for financial reporting, financial transaction processing, account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, investment and endowment accounting, debt accounting, cost analyses, tax compliance and operational contracts.
- Research Administration: Research Administration (Office of Sponsored Programs) manages all fiscal aspects of externally funded grants and contracts awarded to the University. The office performs grant management functions, including the review and approval of proposals, negotiation of contracts and awards, billing and collections, financial reporting, and compliance monitoring.
- Student Financial Services: Student Financial Services is dedicated to providing our students, their families and our alumni with excellent and equitable financial services, while complying with federal, state, and University regulations. The office is responsible for the university’s undergraduate financial aid program (AccessUVA), the coordination and processing of graduate financial aid, managing both federal and institutional student loan programs, and administering outside scholarships awarded to our students. SFS is also responsible for the management and collection of all tuition and fees for the university, and includes the cashiering office and a student collections office.
- Finance Compliance and Outreach: Delivers finance training programs that advance the University’s compliance objectives and provide employees with current and future job-specific skills. The unit also develops methods to monitor key metrics to track compliance gains realized through outreach and training and provides support for University activities subject to export control or sanction requirements.
- Procurement & Supplier Diversity Services: The Procurement & Supplier Diversity Services Department supports the mission of the University of Virginia by purchasing quality goods and services at competitive prices, promoting supply chain diversification, exercising proper financial stewardship for payments, and providing responsive service to all University departments.
- Managerial Reporting Project: The Managerial Reporting Project enables a more accurate, consistent, accessible, and reliable collection of and reporting on University information required to steward the University's resources to promote academic excellence and affordability.