State Arboretum of Virginia
The Foundation of the State Arboretum is a nonprofit membership organization established to support the Arboretum and its programs. Foundation members guide the Arboretum's development, recruit volunteers, maintain several display gardens, assist the Curator with maintenance of the collection, raise funds, and perform any number of tasks.
The goals of the Foundation are to:
1. Establish and maintain a working partnership with the University of Virginia;
2. Support the documentation, maintenance and development of the collection.
3. Promote full time professional management of the Arboretum collection;
4. Provide education and information through public outreach;
5. Ensure the financial stability of the Foundation to achieve these goals.
The Foundation Board of Directors includes 25 members, and meets bimonthly at 10 a.m. in the Blandy Experimental Farm Library. Meetings are open to the public.
Bruce Downing, President
Sylvia Wilson, Vice President
Elsie Wilson Thompson, Secretary
Kathy Clark, Treasurer
Tom Dunning, Immediate Past President
Last Update 6/25/10