UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
BOARD OF VISITORS EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
April 14, 2000
9:45 - 11:00 a.m.
East Oval Room, The Rotunda
- I. CONSENT AGENDA
- A. FACULTY AND STAFF HOUSING RATES, 2000-2001 -- Approves faculty and staff housing rates for the University and The University of Virginia's College at Wise for the following academic year. University faculty and staff housing rates are proposed to increase by an average of 3.9 percent. The University of Virginia's College at Wise proposes a 2.9 percent change to its 2000-01 faculty and staff housing rates.
- B. DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY TO AMEND FACULTY AND MEDICAL CENTER RETIREMENT PLANS -- Delegates to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer the authority to make certain technical changes to the Faculty and Medical Center Retirement Plans.
- II. ACTION ITEMS
- A. TUITION AND REQUIRED FEES, ACADEMIC YEAR 2000-2001 AND SUMMER SESSION 2001 -- Approves tuition and required fees for the University's Academic Division and The University of Virginia's College at Wise. In accordance with the tuition policy approved by the 2000 General Assembly, the proposal recommends no increase in tuition and required E&G fees for instate undergraduate students. The proposal also calls for increases ranging from 2.0 to 9.1 percent for the professional schools, out-of-state undergraduate and instate and out-of-state graduate students.
- B. CONTRACT RATES FOR DINING SERVICES, 2000-2001 -- Approves contract dining rates for the Academic Division and The University of Virginia's College at Wise for the following academic year. The proposal calls for average dining rate increases of 3.9 for the University of Virginia and 3.0 percent for the College.
- C. SALARY INCREASES AND RESERVE REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL CENTER EMPLOYEES -- Approves an average salary increase of 4.0 percent, for Medical Center employees, effective on or about January 1, 2001, with up to an additional 2.0 percent of total Fiscal Year 2000 salaries to be used to adjust salaries of critical personnel to market rates, if required.
- III. REPORTS BY THE EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- A. 2000 GENERAL ASSEMBLY REPORT -- Ms. Sheehy will provide an updated report on the Governor's 2000-2002 budget, the General Assembly's 2000 session, and the 2000 legislative amendments submitted by the University.
- B. ENDOWMENT REPORT -- Ms. Handy will report on the market value and performance of the endowment under control of the Rector and Visitors as of March 31, 2000. Mr. Goodwin will report on the actions taken by the Board of the Investment Management Company at its March 22, 2000 meeting.