Meeting InformationUNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
BOARD OF VISITORS EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
EDUCATIONAL POLICY COMMITTEE
April 11, 1997
12:15-1:15 p.m., East Oval Room, The Rotunda
- I. ACTION ITEMS
- CHANGE IN DEGREE PROGRAM -- The Master of Science (M.S.) in Epidemiology is being renamed and the degree program expanded to form a Master of Science (M.S.) Degree in Health Evaluation Sciences. The Vice President and Provost for Health Sciences will discuss the goals of the program and its significance in the context of changes taking place in health care in the United States. Board approval of such a program change is required.
- II. REPORTS BY THE VICE PRESIDENT AND PROVOST
VICE PRESIDENT'S REMARKS
- B. INTERNET 2 AND NETWORK VIRGINIA PROJECT -- The University is in a national leadership role in establishing the next generation Internet and is working with Virginia Tech to create state-wide advanced capability for higher education. These activities will enable a new generation of real-time interactive multimedia applications that will support collaboration at a distance, distance learning, advances in medical diagnosis, and a new form of "super computing". Vice President and Chief Information Officer Polley McClure will report and demonstrate capabilities.
- III. FACULTY PERSONNEL ACTIONS
- Report in Executive Session on faculty personnel actions since last Board meeting that require Board approval.
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: Thursday, 02-Jul-2009 08:09:50 EDT
© 2000 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia