Meeting InformationUNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA
BOARD OF VISITORS EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
HEALTH AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
January 23, 1998
8:00-9:00 a.m., East Oval Room, The Rotunda
I. CONSENT AGENDA
- Clinical Faculty Remuneration Plan
- The Faculty Practice Plan was approved by the Board of Visitors in 1990; it establishes rules and guidelines to compensate clinical faculty working at the Health Sciences Center and its clinical facilities. Revisions to the current plan are required. The recommendations of the Clinical Faculty Remuneration Task Force were discussed with the Board of Visitors in November 1997, and the Clinical Faculty Remuneration Plan, which is based on these recommendations, is now presented for consent approval.
Center 1998 Budget Amendment
- Since the June 1997 Board of Visitors' approval of the Medical Center Budget, there have been increases both in revenue and in expenditures that warrant an update to the budget. The proposed budget amendment includes support for three new programs and adjustments in non- operating losses and revenue.
- III. REPORTS BY THE VICE PRESIDENT AND PROVOST FOR HEALTH SCIENCES
- A. Medical Center Personnel (Human Resources) System
- As part of the implementation of the Codified Autonomy legislation granted by the 1996 General Assembly, the Medical Center has begun to develop a new Personnel (Human Resources) System. Its design is intended to keep costs competitive and to more closely align Medical Center policies and practices with those of other health care industry businesses. The Vice President will present the current draft plan to the Board for discussion.
- B. Medical Center Financial Report (as of November 30, 1997)
- A report of Medical Center finances for the first five months of the 1998 fiscal year will be presented.
- C. VICE PRESIDENT'S REMARKS
- The Vice President and Provost for Health Sciences will highlight developments of significance that have occurred since the November meeting of the Board of Visitors.
II. ACTION ITEM
Maintained by email@example.com
Last Modified: Thursday, 02-Jul-2009 08:16:59 EDT
© 2000 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia