BOARD OF VISITORS EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
EXTERNAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Friday, October 15, 1999
10:30 - 11:15 a.m.
East Oval Room, The Rotunda
I. CONSENT AGENDA
- University-Related Foundation Representatives -- Approves the Board of Visitors representatives to the governing boards of University-Related Foundations.
II. REPORTS BY THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Vice Presidents Remarks -- Mr. Sweeney will review a range of fund-raising initiatives and report on overall fund-raising and program progress.
- Fiscal Year 1999 Assessment -- Mr. Sweeney will review Development Office activities during Fiscal Year 1999, highlighting statistical data as well as programs and projects completed.
- University Development Office Goals (Fiscal Year 2000) -- Each year, the University Development Office sets performance goals for the coming year, including specific objectives and strategies. Mr. Sweeney will highlight goals and tactics for Fiscal Year 2000.
- Fund-Raising Progress (To-Date and Fiscal Year 1999 Performance) -- The Capital Campaign is the on-going focus of University of Virginia's fund-raising activities. Progress will be reported through September 30, 1999.
- Scott Stadium Fund-Raising Progress -- Fund raising for the expansion of Scott Stadium began publicly in September 1998. Progress will be reported through September 30, 1999.
- Recent Room Namings -- A brief report on naming of rooms in University buildings recently approved by the Names Committee, which is chaired by the Vice President for Development.
Campaign Transition Planning -- As the Campaign nears its
$1 billion goal, a group of development professionals around the
Grounds has been meeting with University officials to determine
institutional resource needs and to develop an approach to fund
raising after the goal is reached. A draft plan will be presented
- C. E-summit@virginia (a Program of Virginia 2020) -- Progress on the alumni Internet conference, scheduled for November 11-13, 1999.
Maintained by email@example.com
Last Modified: Thursday, 02-Jul-2009 08:16:59 EDT
© 2000 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia
Information: 434 924-0311