|Day 1||Arrive / Reception|
|Day 2||Horse Farm / Bourbon Distillery|
|Day 3||Derby Day|
Kentucky Derby with U.Va.
April 29-May 2, 2010
Price: $1,600 per person, double occupancy, land program
$600 single supplement
Registration is Open
Experience the 136th running of the Kentucky Derby, the first jewel of the Triple Crown of thoroughbred horseracing. The "Run for the Roses" has been an event since 1875 and you can experience this equestrian classic with fellow Wahoos, without any of the hassles of driving yourself in and out of Churchill Downs. Enjoy First Floor Grandstand seating on race day, May 1, 2010.
- Enjoy private motor coach transportation to and from the hotel and Kentucky Derby.
- Includes three nights’ accommodations at the Park Inn Louisville East (formerly the Marriott Louisville East) with transfers to and from all included activities.
- Tour Airdrie Stud farm owned by U.Va. alum and former Governor of Kentucky Brereton C. Jones and his wife Libby.
- Visit Buffalo Trace bourbon distillery.
- Enjoy First Floor Grandstand tickets to the Kentucky Derby on Saturday or upgrade to exclusive clubhouse seating.
- Relax with friends at a mint julep and hors d’oeuvres welcome reception.
The Park Inn Louisville East hotel is located in the heart of Louisville's East End with more than 90 restaurants, shopping and entertainment options within a five mile radius. Experience southern graciousness and style just 15 minutes from Churchill Downs and the Airport and 10 minutes from the Bardstown Road Restaurant and Entertainment District.^ back to top
Full buffet breakfast daily.^ back to top
This program has no faculty component.^ back to top
Tour Airdrie Stud farm owned by U.Va. alum and former Governor of Kentucky Brereton C. Jones and his wife Libby.
Airdrie consists of more than 2,500 acres primarily on Old Frankfort Pike, near Midway, Kentucky. Much of this land is part of famed Woodburn Stud, home of the immortal Lexington during his 16-year tenure as America’s leading sire in the last century. Woodburn, also the home of five 19th century Kentucky Derby winners, is in fact the birthplace of Kentucky’s Thoroughbred industry. More than 140 stakes winners and earners of over $80,000,000 have been bred at Airdrie. This gently rolling, mineral-rich land in the heart of North America’s richest limestone/ bluegrass region, provides a perfect natural base on which to raise young runners of exceptional quality.
After lunch, we will tour one of Kentucky’s historic bourbon distilleries and return to the hotel.
The tour at Buffalo Trace is about an hour long and our attendees will hear about the history of the Buffalo Trace Distillery, experience a century old aging warehouse, and visit their hand bottling hall.
About Buffalo Trace: Located on what was once an ancient buffalo crossing on the banks of the Kentucky River in Franklin County, the distillery's namesake is a tribute to the American bison that created paths followed by America's early pioneers. Since 1870 it has been known by several names, including most notably, the George T. Stagg Distillery and O.F.C. Distillery. Its flagship bourbon, Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon whiskey was introduced in August 1999. Buffalo Trace Distillery claims to be the oldest distilling site in the United States. The distillery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places under its old name, George T. Stagg Distillery. The Buffalo Trace Distillery is home to the world's smallest bonded storage warehouse, Warehouse V. This warehouse only stores a single barrel of whiskey at a time.
Tonight, you are on your own to explore fantastic Louisville with other alums or on your own. Perhaps you’ll enjoy one of the excellent restaurants on Bardstown road or catch some music at Louisville’s famous 4th Street Live premier dining, entertainment and retail destination in the heart of historic downtown.
Traditionally, the first Saturday in May features what is known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports" or "The Fastest Two Minutes in Sports" for its approximate duration. The Derby is also called "The Run for the Roses" for the blanket of roses draped over the winner. The race is one and a quarter miles (2 km) at Churchill Downs. Colts and geldings carry 126 pounds (57.2 kg) and fillies 121 pounds (54.9 kg). It is the first leg of the United States Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing and is followed by the Preakness Stakes then the Belmont Stakes. The attendance at the Kentucky Derby ranks first in North America and usually surpasses the attendance of all other stakes races including the Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes and the Breeders' Cup.
No one has upgraded to exclusive 3rd floor clubhouse seating yet, but it is available if you want!^ back to top
$1,600 per person, double occupancy, land program
$600, single supplement
- Three night accommodations at the Park Inn Louisville East (formerly the Marriott Louisville East), located 15 minutes from Churchill Downs;
- Welcome reception at hotel Thursday afternoon, featuring mint juleps, hors d'oeuvres and live music;
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary;
- Friday trip to race horse farm and bourbon distillery tour;
- Transfers to and from Churchill Downs on Saturday;
- Ticket to the Kentucky Derby.
Single rooms are available for an additional $600 single suplement.
Price does not include:
Transportation from or to the Louisville airport, meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
Ticket upgrades available:
2nd Floor Mezzanine (sections 224-225)- add $300.00 per person
3rd Floor Grandstand (sections 324-325)- add $600.00 per person
3rd Floor Clubhouse (sections 312-313)- add $1000.00 per person
How To Register
Ready to register? The best way to do this is by phone so that we can ensure we are meeting all of your needs. Please call us at 866-765-2646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and the best time to reach you.
A deposit of $500.00 per person is required to reserve your spot. Full and final payment is due on February 28, 2010.
Deposits can be made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit cards or personal, agency or cashier’s check. A three percent administrative fee will apply to all final payment made by credit card. Final payments made by check are not subject to 3% bank fee.
Early registration is encouraged as space is limited.^ back to top
General Terms & Conditions
- A $500 deposit is required at the time of reservation.
- Final payment is due February 28, 2010.
- Payment types accepted are company or personal check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
- Credit cards are accepted only with a signed authorization letter.
- A three percent administrative fee will apply to all final payment made by credit card. Final payments made by check are not subject to 3% bank fee.
Cancellations, Refunds and General Information:
- Cancellations received before January 1, 2010, are subject to $250 administrative fee. Cancellations received after January 1, the entire deposit amount becomes non-refundable. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after January 1, 2010.
- No refunds will be given for any unused components or portions of the program.
- Esoteric Sports reserves the right to cancel any reservations without notice if deposit or final payment has not been received by due date.
Tickets to Events:
- Unless otherwise stated in writing, all event tickets will be issued on the day of the event.
- Tickets to events will be issued in pairs.
- Odd numbers of tickets together (3, 5, etc.) and seat locations in specific rows, sections, levels are not guaranteed.
- Esoteric Sports is not responsible for the theft, loss, delay, destruction or misplacement of any tickets mailed, express delivered, left at event will-call or hotel front or concierge desks.
- Should an event be cancelled, Esoteric Sports will refund only the face value of the event tickets.
UNFORSEEN EVENTS AFFECTING PERFORMANCE:
Esoteric's performance and obligations shall be conditioned upon the non-occurrence of any event or any action or inaction by any third party which is beyond the actual control of Esoteric and which impacts Esoteric's ability to fully perform (for ex., any delay or cancellation caused by strike, weather, fire, re-routing or re-scheduling, bankruptcy, war, natural disaster, accident, or third party inability or refusal to perform). In the event of such an occurrence, Esoteric will, at its sole option, either: (1) procure reasonably similar services as a substitute for the affected service; or (2) apply all sums actually returned to it from any of the third party service providers utilized under this Agreement as a "credit" against the principal contract sum due from Purchaser under any subsequent and separate written agreement between the parties.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION:
In the performance of its obligations, Esoteric will act only in the capacity of an independent intermediary procurement contractor and shall not be liable for any claims, demands, losses, damages or injuries incurred by either Purchaser (its employees, agents, representatives or assigns) or by any other person or entity which results from any intentional conduct, omission, negligence, or other action/inaction by any third party supplier of any of the services provided hereby. Esoteric has not made any representations to Purchaser regarding any of the various risks associated with the services being provided hereunder and Purchaser, its employees, agents, representatives and assigns voluntarily assume all such risks. Purchaser agrees to indemnify and hold Esoteric harmless from any and all costs (including attorney's fees), claims or demands asserted by Purchaser, its employees, agents, representatives and assigns and by any third parties asserted against Esoteric arising from any of the services provided hereunder.
ESOTERIC MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, ALL SUCH GOODS AND SERVICES BEING SOLD AS IS. ESOTERIC LIKEWISE MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE EXPERIENCE OR OUTCOME OF ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER. PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND LIABILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH SERVICES.
Should Purchaser fail to fully and timely comply with any of its obligations hereunder, Esoteric may declare Purchaser in default and undertake any or all of the following actions: (a) cease all further performance of Esoteric’s obligations; (b) demand and enforce Purchaser’s payment obligations for all amounts then due from Purchaser; (c) sell, transfer or allocate all or any portion of the services to a third party upon terms and conditions as determined in the sole discretion of Esoteric. No failure by Esoteric to exercise any of its rights or to insist upon strict compliance by Purchaser with its obligations hereunder, and no custom or practice of the parties at variance with the terms hereof, shall constitute a waiver of Esoteric’s right to demand and enforce exact compliance with the terms of this Agreement.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. All claims or disputes between the parties in any way relating to this Agreement shall be decided by mandatory binding arbitration conducted in Gwinnett County, Georgia. In the event that the parties cannot agree upon an arbitrator, then such determination shall be made in accordance with the then-existing rules and appointment powers of the Superior Court of Gwinnett County. Each party waives any and all jurisdictional or venue defenses otherwise applicable to the assertion of any claim brought by the other party within such jurisdiction.