Applicants are asked to submit:
Applications will be accepted at any time, but suggested guidelines are: Immediately for any ongoing practicum; December 1 for the spring semester; April 1 for the summer. Determinations of awards will be made within one month of receipt of applications. Submit applications to:
- A 1-2 page curriculum vitae or resume
- A 1-2 page description including:
- A summary of the proposed applied activities
- A statement of how the applicant and the activity would benefit from the fellowship support
- A statement of the time commitment involved (duration—academic year, semester, summer, as well as number of hours per week). This statement also should note how the practical activity fits in with the student's ongoing program of study, and should request a specific level of support. ($3500 would be a reasonable request for full-time effort during a summer; requests for financial support should be adjusted appropriately [roughly $10/hr] for part-time experiences during the summer or academic year)
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) letter of from a faculty member or other appropriate individual from the community/agency who is willing to supervise the practical experience
Recipients of the Buffett Fellowships will be expected to contact the donor directly (in the form of a letter) before and following the fellowship, and are encouraged to take part in other Center activities.
Center for Children, Families, and the Law
Department of Psychology
PO Box 400400
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Questions about the fellowships or application procedures should be directed to the Center Director, Robert Emery or the Center Administrative Director, Bailey Ocker.