Discover your child’s path to creativity . . .
At this age, children are making new discoveries daily. As two year olds begin to exert their independence, our Early Foundations Discovery Preschool program at the University's Child Development Center is prepared to open their eyes to a world of learning, sharing and exploring. Our holistic approach in the classroom engages young minds with a blend of music, art, and movement, as well as the early education fundamentals they'll need as they continue on to preschool.
The program features encouragement and support that helps your child develop confidence, self-esteem, and a love of learning. a balanced mix of nurturing, playtime, and learning each day. Daily whole-group learning that helps boost your child's skills. A classroom environment that focuses on building your child's academic, emotional, social and physical skills. Age-appropriate activities and materials that help your child master important learning concepts. Regular teacher-family communication, including updates that keep you informed about your child's day.
Communicating with Others
- We help your child increase language skills. Stimulate vocabulary development by prompting imitation and repetition of words and sentences; build alphabet recognition through play with letters; and strengthen conversation skills with group writing and reading experiences.
Building Brain Power
- We immerse your child in experiences designed to expand the mind. Encourage investigation of the properties of materials; provide repeated opportunities to practice sorting, matching, categorizing, and problem-solving; and use blocks and math cards to teach counting, identifying numbers, and patterning.
Making New Friends
- We help your child experience a sense of community. Support interactive play and demonstrate how to play with others; use whole-group and small-group activities to model share, communicate, and cooperate; and demonstrate how to recognize others' feelings and respond appropriately.
- We encourage your child to express individuality. Support pretend play and role-play with props and costumes; encourage creative expression through age-appropriate art materials; and stimulate imagination and invention in the dramatic play center.
Growing a Healthy Body
- We coach your child to develop advanced physical abilities. Strengthen gross-motor skills through play with tricycles, bikes, balls, and movement activities; improve fine-motor and eye-hand coordination skills through pouring, stringing, and cutting activities; and increase balancing skills using beanbags, hula hoops and balance beams.