Upcoming FREE Professional Development Programs for Teachers
- Spanish Professional Development Program – La visión de los vencidos: la perspectiva indígena de la conquista y colonización de las Américas. Indigenous Responses to the Conquest and Colonization of the Americas, April 29, 2017 – Open for Registration
- Classics Professional Development Program, Fall 2017 – More information To come
University of Virginia
Center for the Liberal Arts
Providing quality content-enrichment programs for K-12 teachers since 1984, the University of Virginia Center for the Liberal Arts is associated with recent, current, or upcoming offerings in a wide array of disciplines, including Art and Architecture, Classics, English, French, German, History, Mathematics, Politics, and Spanish.
The University of Virginia Center for the Liberal Arts invites you to explore our website to learn about and enroll in future programs and to consult our resources for teachers. And please feel free to contact us at any time with requests for programs, or for more information about the Center.
News & Announcements
- More than 60 schoolteachers from around the country headed to UVA and Monticello during the summer of 2016 to learn more about unique digital resources that put Thomas Jefferson’s extensive records and papers directly in the hands of students across the country.
- Center for the Liberal Arts receives third grant from Arthur Vining Davis Foundations
- Resources for teachers from recent CLA workshops:
- “Debating Archaeology”
- “Understanding Religion in American History”
- “World Regions in your Classroom: Latin America, 1492-2013″
- U.Va. Chosen to Host ‘Priceless’ Shakespeare Folio 400 Years After Bard’s Death
- MORE NEWS
Dr. Julian Bond on
“Making Civil Rights Matter”
The Center for the Liberal Arts remembers with gratitude and admiration the extraordinary life and work of Julian Bond. Bond did us the great honor of recording “Making Civil Rights Matter” for one of our workshops on teaching about the American movement for civil rights, remarks as important now as ever.