Upcoming FREE Saturday Workshops for Teachers
- September 20, 2014 – Teaching Freedom Summer Registration available after August 15th
- September 27, 2014 – Teaching African-American Poetry (at James Madison University) – announcement to follow
- October 11, 2014 - Religious Studies: A Workshop for Teachers – announcement to follow
Providing quality content-enrichment programs for K-12 teachers since 1984, the Center for the Liberal Arts is associated with recent, current, or upcoming offerings in a wide array of disciplines, including Art and Architecture, Classics, English, French, German, History, Mathematics, Politics, and Spanish.
CLA invites you to explore our website to learn about and enroll in future programs and to consult our resources for teachers. And please feel free to contact us at any time with requests for programs, or for more information about the Center.
News & Announcements
- “Teaching Freedom Summer” – a history workshop for teachers has been announced for September 20, 2014 – Please save the date and return when registration becomes available after August 15th
- Download Workshop Materials for “Understanding Religion in American History”
- Download Workshop Materials for “World Regions in your Classroom: Latin America, 1492-2013”
- CLA, Biology prof. Barry Condron, awarded grant by College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dante workshop director’s new book is Inferno Revealed.
- MORE NEWS