Upcoming FREE Professional Development Programs for Teachers
- Teaching the History of Race, March 17th, 2018 Registration is Closed
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Teaching Spanish, April 28th, 2018
- Applications for NEH Summer Institute on Jefferson are due March 1, 2018
University of Virginia
Center for the Liberal Arts
Providing quality content-enrichment programs for K-12 teachers since 1984, the University of Virginia Center for the Liberal Arts is associated with recent, current, or upcoming offerings in a wide array of disciplines, including Art and Architecture, Classics, English, French, German, History, Mathematics, Politics, and Spanish.
The University of Virginia Center for the Liberal Arts invites you to explore our website to learn about and enroll in future programs and to consult our resources for teachers. And please feel free to contact us at any time with requests for programs, or for more information about the Center.
News & Announcements
- CLA and Arthur Vining Davis Foundations offer November programs at Howard and UVA
- CLA selects teachers to serve as jurors for the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- CLA has busy summer of programs in 2017
- Summer 2018 NEH Institute on Thomas Jefferson, led by CLA Project Director Lisa Reilly
- CLA begins AVDF-funded work at other universities with programs at UNH and Howard
- Center for the Liberal Arts receives third grant from Arthur Vining Davis Foundations
- MORE NEWS
Dr. Julian Bond on
“Making Civil Rights Matter”
The Center for the Liberal Arts remembers with gratitude and admiration the extraordinary life and work of Julian Bond. Bond did us the great honor of recording “Making Civil Rights Matter” for one of our workshops on teaching about the American movement for civil rights, remarks as important now as ever.
Watch CLA Project Director Jennifer Williamson, Assistant Principal at Western Albemarle High School, discuss teaching the history of American migrations at our November 11, 2017 session at the Miller Center for Public Affairs.