Art & Music
Would you like feedback on your thoughts and questions about a specific text, author, or literary topic? The Center will forward your question to a professor in the UVa Department of Architectural History.
What types of courses would you like to see the Center offer? Please send us your suggestions.
Would you like to have an application form or more information about our programs for Virginia teachers? Click here to e-mail your request to CLA. Please include your mailing address and phone number, the name of your school, your Virginia school district, and the grades you teach. Specify the programs that you are interested in.
- University of Virginia Museum
- The Louvre
- Museo Nacional del Prado
- Museu D’Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA)
- Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)
- National Gallery of Art
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Portrait Gallery
(Smithsonian, Washington D.C.)
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- San Francisco Fine Arts Museum Thinker Imagebase
An art museum on the Internet – over 60,000 digitized images from its collection available for viewing.
- Uffizi Gallery
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- Americans for the Arts
- Arts Wire
Online communication for the arts.
Online services supporting arts education from the Getty Education Institute for the Arts.
- Art History Resources on the Web
(Chris Witcombe, Sweet Briar College, VA)
- Bluemont Cultural Programs (for Virginia Schools)
Bluemont artists-in-education can come to your school for half day or longer, can present small or large assembly programs, lead classroom or small group workshops, and present teacher in-service programs. Schools pay only the artist’s performance fees.
- Canal Street Graphics – The Art of Teaching Art
Practical art lessons and ideas for elementary educators.
- Elementary Art Education
- Global Children’s Art Gallery
- Incredible Art Department
Ken Rohrer Showcases work from elementary and secondary schools, outlines art lessons, and posts news and other art links.
- Internet Art Resources
- National Art Education Association
Represents 15,000 art educators from all levels of instruction and promotes quality teaching through professional development.
- National Standards for Art Education
- Center for Music Technology
Summer Programs – The Radford University Center for Music Technology. For more information about the courses, please contact Dr. Bruce Mahin at (540) 831-6174, or Greg Beecher (540) 831-6512.
- K-12 Resources for Music Educators
Links to information on instruments, composers, and audio files for classroom teachers and band leaders.
- Music Education Online
Children’s Music Workshop
- The National Association for Music Education
Resources for the classroom and research, with updates on new curricula.
- Virginia Music Educators Association Online
Includes access to VMEA Notes, the electronic journal of the Virginia Music Educators Association.