Construction continues and is approximately 77 percent complete. Stair tower construction is nearing completion and ITC cable installation is underway.
- Site clearing and preparation through May.
- Construction fencing to be installed in Nameless Field.
- Foundation work to occur in early June.
- Cranes to arrive onsite in July.
- Steel work to occur during evening hours beginning mid-July and continuing through September.
- Temporary construction lighting will be used on-site.
- To reduce sound during late-night work, workers will use baffles.
- Portion of Central Grounds Parking Garage to be closed during steel installation.
- Project completion expected October 2011.
The U.Va. Bookstore Addition project will add about 16,500 square feet of new merchandising, office, and storage space to the Bookstore. The addition will be over the third deck of the Central Grounds Parking Garage.
Initial work on this project began the week of May 10. Work is expected to begin at 7 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. each day.
The parking garage, its main entrance from Emmet Street, and the sidewalk along Emmet Street are expected to remain open during construction. However, several parking spaces will be temporarily closed. Closures will be closely coordinated with U.Va. Parking and Transportation.
The work is weather dependent and subject to change with inclement weather conditions. Project completion is expected in Fall 2011.