2012 Governor's Holiday Hoops Classic
The University of Virginia participated in the 2012 Governor's Holiday Hoops Classic, a basketball doubleheader to benefit Virginia's Food Banks. The results of the food drive will be released soon.
A recent study by Feeding America found that more than 1,012,500 Virginians are considered "food insecure." Many of these individuals are children, senior citizens, adults with disabilities, and the new face of hunger - individuals who have lost their jobs and are having problems making ends meet. In December 2012 and 2013, the Richmond Coliseum will be the site of what will certainly be exciting games in support of the Commonwealth's Food Banks.
The Governor's Holiday Hoops Classic began on November 15 and runs through December 15. All donations through U.Va. will support the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
Ways to Give:
- U.Va. employees can conveniently give through the CVC. Visit the "Pledge Online" page and follow the instructions. The code for the BRAFB is 3608.
- Make a financial contribution in any amount using the "Give Now" button on the right and following these steps:
Select or enter the amount of your donation.
2. Enter your contact and billing information.
3. Select your payment method.
- Text FEEDBR UVA to 85944. A $10 donation will be added to your cell phone bill. Phones billed as part of a family or company plan are not eligible. More details.
- Donate a non-perishable food item at a location below.
- 400 Ray C. Hunt Drive - 1st floor Kitchen
- Alderman Library - near main entrance
- Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
- Courts & Commerce at the U.Va. Law School
- Crossroads at O-Hill
- Dabney House
- Lambeth Commons
- Leake Building – Facilities Management
- Madison Hall
- Madison House - boxes on each floor
- Piedmont Building at 2405 Ivy Rd
- Rouss/Robertson Hall at the Commerce School
- Ruffner Hall
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies - near auditorium
- U.Va. Bookstore