Sort research opportunities by: First Year | Second Year | Third Year | Fourth Year | Graduate | Show All
Davis Projects for Peace
Deadline: 2014-01-27 (Internal)
Davis Projects for Peace encourages students to design their own grassroots projects for peace. 100 projects will be chosen from among the over 90 American colleges and universities currently affiliated with the Davis UWC Scholars Program.
Current U.Va. undergraduates, including graduating 4th years, are eligible. Students may submit proposals for individual or group projects. Students should not propose projects that would take place in countries subject to travel warnings issued by the U.S. Department of State (http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html).
Projects must be carried out in the summer of 2014. A final report is due to the Davis Program by September 15, 2014.
Students should submit their project proposals electronically in a Word of PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by
12:00 noon on January 28, 2013. Submissions should include:
1. A cover letter to the internal UVa Selection Committee that includes a description of relevant experience or qualifications for this project. This description may include research experiences, independent travel experience, applicable coursework, or other pertinent information.
2. A written statement that describes the project (who, what, where, how) including expected outcomes and prospects for future impact (not to exceed 2 pages). This must contain pre-approval of all parties and organizations involved in the project.
3. A one page proposed project budget (note all other sources of funding applied for or received).
4. Resume with names of 2 references (including at least 1 faculty member). Recommendation forms will be available electronically at http://www.virginia.edu/cue/davis.html and should be submitted directly to the Center for Undergraduate Excellence.
5. For international projects, the International Projects Travel Form (see the program announcement for details).
An internal committee of U.Va. faculty will review all submitted proposals and select one project (and one alternate) to forward to the Davis Program.
See the program announcement at http://www.virginia.edu/cue/davis.html Contact the Center for Undergraduate Excellence for additional information.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE DAVIS FOUNDATION OR THE DAVIS UWC SCHOLARS OFFICE.