A Message from U.Va. President Teresa Sullivan
University employees have a unique opportunity to improve the lives of Virginians by participating in the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign. This campaign gives faculty and staff members a convenient way to provide support for charities of their choice.
For many years now, members of the University community have demonstrated their commitment to helping others. Last year alone, more than 2,700 employees donated $969,893 to support organizations through the CVC at UVA.
The CVC enables us to help our neighbors and friends in times of need. Gifts of all sizes are valuable. A contribution of just a few dollars a week can make a difference in someone’s life. Your donation will be combined with the gifts of others to build homes for families in need, feed the hungry, rescue animals that require veterinary care, and provide many other benefits. Because you may direct your gift to the organizations of your choice, you can help the communities that are dear to you. If you choose to designate your gift to a specific agency, 100 percent of your gift will go to your chosen organization. No overhead costs are deducted.
Through the CVC, we come together in support of the causes that matter most to us. I encourage employees to join me and thousands of others across Grounds in the CVC at UVA. Collectively, we can have a significant impact in our area and throughout the commonwealth.
Why should I contribute through the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign?
- No administrative fees or overhead are deducted when you designate your gift. One hundred percent of your designated donation goes to the charities or charity federations you select.
- You can give online or use a pledge card to support your favorite causes.
- Gifts through the CVC may be tax deductible. More information is available on the MY CVC Donation is TAX DEDUCTIBLE form.
- You can choose from approximately 1,200 charities. Participating charities are prescreened to ensure they are fiscally sound and provide the services they state.
- Your gift can be tailored to match your interests.
- You choose how to give: cash, check, credit card, payroll deduction or stock transfer.
- Payroll deduction provides a way to budget and keep track of your donations.
- Gifts go farther. Charities receive CVC donations in large sums, making it easier to budget and provide cost-effective services. In addition, undesignated funds are distributed proportionally to the charities that were designated.