Under The Office of the Dean of Students, the Administrative Services and Operations team contributes to the University of Virginia community through exceptional facility and event management. Newcomb Hall serves as the hub of student activities on grounds, providing safe, inviting spaces for events, study, and socialization. Employment and involvement opportunities in our buildings enhance the student learning outside the classroom. We provide facility and event support to student organizations, university departments, and the community which creates a unique atmosphere promoting student self-governance, social engagement and enriches the university experience.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Thousands of people use Newcomb Hall each day, and it takes a dedicated staff of both professionals and students to keep it running smoothly. It’s our job to make sure everything you need is in the right place at the right time.
We provide the following services:
- Set up and maintain Newcomb Hall meeting rooms and public spaces as well as the following areas: Ern Commons, Forum at O’Hill, Runk Green Room, Student Activities Building, Lambeth Commons, The Chapel, and Amphitheatre.
- Plan and execute setups, break down setups, and promptly return all equipment to the appropriate storage area after use.
- Operate the Information Desk and maintain the Lost and Found.
- The staff will also maintain equipment consisting of, but are not limited to, chairs, tables, stages, and audio-visual equipment
- Set up audiovisual equipment
- Operations student staff will also provide assistance as requested to perform any additional duties. In addition, student staff exercises leadership skills ranging from time management and delegation to staying organized and completing multiple tasks that may have time implications.