A complete application for CPB funding has two parts.:
- Download this form, complete and save.
- Make sure to re-label the file name of the application as in the following example: if the event is taking place in the fall of 2014 then the file name should read: CPB_ SemesterYear_CIO name_specific event title.
- This means: Cultural Programming Board application for fall, 2014, Latino Students Alliance, Copa Carnaval
- Then: Submit the application through @UVa and email Michelle Sawwan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for a hearing where members of the board can learn more about your program.
Applications are due by 5 pm on Thursday the week before a hearing date.
How to submit on @UVa?
Go to http://atuva.student.virginia.edu/ and log into your organization. Find the Finance Tab and click the “Submit a funding request” button on the top right hand corner. The treasurer or president of the CIO requesting the funding has access to this tab. See sample:
On the funding request form, follow these directions:
- On the subject line, it is important to use this format: “CPB_F14_LSA_CC.xlsx” (see instructions above)
- Enter your request amount
- Don’t worry about the Description box
- For Account and Category, select CPB
- Download the form above, fill it out and upload it at the bottom of the form
- Click Submit
- Sign up for a hearing
How to sign up for a hearing?
Email Michelle Sawwan (email@example.com) the week before each hearing date to set up a 20 minute time slot for your hearing.
Mondays 6:30-7:30 pm in Newcomb 182 (unless noted otherwise). There will be three hearing appointments available per week:
Appointment 1: 6:30-6:50 pm
Appointment 2: 6:50-7:10 pm
Appointment 3: 7:10-7:30 pm.
Please make sure one of your group representatives can come for a 20-minute time slot on the hearing dates, but also that your representative can be there up to 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the hearing time slot (i.e. budget for 40 minutes total for flexibility).
Monday, Feb 2
Monday, Feb 9 (Newcomb 367)
Monday, Feb 16
Monday, Feb 23
Monday, Mar 2
Monday, Mar 16
Monday, Mar 23
Monday, Apr 6
Monday, Apr 13
Monday, Apr 20
Hearings are held in Newcomb Hall, room 182. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your hearing to ensure your time slot.
Please prepare for your hearings. You will present about how your event and goals fit the mission of the CPB. You will also field questions about the purpose, budget, logistics and execution of your event. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Program Coordinator for Multicultural Student Services
Office of the Dean of Students
University of Virginia
Newcomb Hall 164D
Office Hours: 2-3 pm Tues, Wed