Single Date Request
Beginning on January 5, we will begin accepting single date requests for events occurring on or after January 12 through April 28. Requests must be submitted via the SOURCE at least 3 business days before the event start date.
Monthly and Weekly Meeting Request
On February 9, we will begin accepting requests for monthly and weekly meetings occurring on or after February 23 through April 28. Requests must be submitted via the SOURCE at least 5 business days before the event start date.
For more information on specific academic space and the hours available for student organization use, please click here.
Academic Space Use Policies for Student Groups
Every effort is made to accommodate student group requests for academic space. Student groups include CIOs, FOAs, Agency, and Special Status groups. The policies below have been articulated by the Office of the Provost in consultation with the Office of the Dean of Students and Student Council in order to prevent disruption to classes and eliminate damage to classroom facilities. The restrictions apply to all events held in academic spaces.
a. Student groups (CIOs, FOAs, Agency, and Special Status groups) may not use academic space without a confirmed reservation from Event Planning Services.
b. Classroom space may not be reserved after the last day of classes (due to exams)
c.The following is not permitted in academic spaces:
- Food and Drink
- Loud Noise (amplified sound, speaking or music beyond a normal conversation level, etc.
- Dancing (dancing without shoes is permitted, but all furnishing must be returned to their original location)
- Movies (because of the amplified sound policy and copyright laws)
*Special Note: Spaces left in disarray after an event will be assessed a housekeeping fee*
d. Furniture should not be removed from the classroom or rearranged unless it is returned to its original setup. Lecterns must not be moved. Classroom equipment MUST NOT be disconnected or removed. Removal will be considered theft.
e. Activities must not disturb other groups using adjacent/nearby spaces.
f. Student groups must adhere to the approved reservation time. To extend or alter a reservation, a request must be made at least 24 business hours in advance and is subject to approval.
g. Student groups found to be in violation of these policies will be appropriately sanctioned.
Additional notes for Performing Arts Groups needing rehearsal and performances spaces
- A special “Sound Zone” has been created to permit acappella and theatrical rehearsals with minimal impact to classes. Singing and dramatic rehearsals are permitted in these spaces, though amplified sound and dancing (with shoes) are still prohibited. Groups needing amplified sound should seek to reserve Student Activity Spaces instead of academic spaces. Note that other academic spaces continue to be available to performing arts groups subject to the standard loud noise stipulations.
- High demand performance spaces (Chemistry 402 and Wilson 402) may be reserved for final/dress rehearsals 2 weeks prior to a group’s performance in those spaces. These spaces may also be reserved outside of that window subject to availability.
- Musical and theatrical rehearsals and performances must stay contained within the assigned room (i.e., no spillover into the hallway or lobby)
- Rehearsals are limited to 2 hours at a time due to demand constraints and the desire to be fair to all performance groups requesting space. Five business days prior to the rehearsal, however, the time may be extended beyond 2 hours if no other group has reserved the space.
- Housekeeping must be provided for all performances.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need more clarification, please email email@example.com.