Associate Dean of Students
P.O. Box 400708
Charlottesville VA 22904-0708
Students with Children
The Office of the Dean of Students strives to connect undergraduate and graduate students who are parents - or are facing/considering that prospect - with available resources, including each other, to help further their education, health, and well-being.
The Office can also help connect students with academic, health, and other resources at the University and beyond - and we are available to work with other offices at the University. We advocate for the needs of students with children in a variety of forums.
In addition, The Office of the Dean of Students works with students one-on-one and facilitates a larger Students with Families group where students can share information, concerns, or simply socialize with other student-parents. If you are interested in making an appointment to meet with the Dean, or you would like more information about the Students with Families group or email list-serv, contact Dean Eramo at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 434-924-7133. Our offices are located on the 2nd floor of Peabody Hall, between Alderman Library and Monroe Hall.
Undergraduate Babysitters (UB), launched this past year, matches undergraduate students with fellow students who have children, for regular weekly or biweekly babysitting times. If interested—either as a student parent or as a potential babysitter—please contact Lauren Huff email@example.com.
Charlottesville/Albemarle Daycares and Preschools
The Students with Families Initiative in the Dean of Students office is happy to provide parents with the following information on local day care and preschool options. Please note however, that we do not endorse any of the following facilities. All information is based on responses from facility representatives during phone conversations and is subject to change.
Useful Links for Students with Children
- Student Health
- Women's Center
- Gynecology Clinic @ Student Health
- UVA Student Health Insurance Plan
- Women's Center Counseling Services
- CAPS (Counseling/Psychol. Services)
- QualChoice Insurance
- Family Housing @ UVA
- Ob-Gyn @ University Hospital
- Med School "Significant Others Group"
Useful Community Links
- United Way - Child Care Services
- Planned Parenthood
- Monticello Ave - Community Resources
- Child, Youth & Family Services
- United Way - Thomas Jefferson Area
- Jefferson-Madison Regional Libraries
- J-M Libraries Kid's Links
- Gordon Avenue Library - near UVA
- Charlottesville Recreation & Leisure
- VA Discovery Museum
- "Tell Us A Tale" Radio Show and Web
- Women's Health @ Martha Jefferson
- Charlottesville Pregnancy Center
- Spanish Storytime (Saturdays)