Tip of the Month
June 11, 2012 — June is National Safety Month and the National Safety Council has chosen "Safety 24/7" as this year's theme, encouraging safe behaviors around leading causes of preventable injuries and deaths.
Did you know that accidental deaths reached an estimated 126,100 in 2010, compared with an estimate of 122,700 in the previous year? According to the National Safety Council, the cost of accidental injuries to Americans and their employers exceeds $730 billion nationally, or $6,200 per household. More than the cost, the personal strain on individuals and families is staggering.
The areas of focus for National Safety Month include:
Check these out and forward to friends and loved ones!
- Be Ready for Hurricane Season
- Be 'Flood Smart'
- Look Out for That Twister!
- Don't Be In the Dark About Power Outages
- Baby It's Cold Outside!
- Secure Your Stuff!
- Hoos Celebrating Safely?
- Before You Lease, Focus on Fire Safety
- After an Event...What Now?
- During an Event...Do I Stay or Do I Go?
- Plan to Stay in Touch
- Get an Emergency Go Bag
- Hoo's Ready? Are You Really?
- Flood Preparedness
- Extreme Heat
- Road Trip Preparedness
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Yes Virginia, We Have Tornadoes
- Break Smart
- See Something, Say Something
- Winter Preparedness
- Community Challenge - Three Basic Actions
- Cybersecurity - Our Shared Responsibility
- Text First, Talk Second
- It's in the Bag
- Sun Tricks
- Dating & Domestic Violence: Truths and Myths
- 'How Not to Get Hit by Cars' Part 2 – Pedestrian Safety
- Bike Safety, or 'How Not to Get Hit by Cars'
- Power Outages - Welcome to the Dark Side
- Get Out and Stay Alive
- Winter Can Be Mighty Frightful
- Lock Up Your Stuff
- Cyber Security - Are You Protected
- Hoo's Ready...Are You Really?
- Too Hot to Handle
- Travel Safety
- Power Outages
- Emergency Information Sources
- Communications Plan
- In Case of Emergency (ICE)
- Are you Ready?
- Football Safety
- Personal Safety
- Cyber Security
- Fire Safety
- Severe Winter Weather