Pandemic - We Want You…To Stop the Flu
Illnesses like the flu and colds are caused by viruses and usually spread from person-to-person when an infected person coughs or sneezes. You can help prevent the spread of germs, seasonal flu, and pandemic flu.
Help stop the spread of germs:
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw it away.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth – germs from surfaces like desks or doorknobs enter your system this way.
- Stay home and rest when you are sick or have flu symptoms – staying away from others may keep them from getting sick.
- Practice other good health habits to stay healthy all year long.
Get more information from the U.Va.'s Office of Emergency Preparedness: 434-982-0565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.