The Office of Engagement’s mission is to foster lifelong connections with alumni, parents, families and friends that strengthen their relationship with the University of Virginia. Led by Cindy Fredrick, Associate Vice President, and supported by 19 staff members, 6 students and over 600 volunteer leaders, the office runs the following programs: Lifetime Learning, Cavalier Travels, and UVaClubs.
These programs annually support over 1200 engagement activities throughout the world, on Grounds and online representing:
- admission and new student outreach
- community service projects
- cultural and educational programming
- life-long learning through faculty lectures, book clubs and personal enrichment classes
- online library databases and podcasts of faculty lectures
- professional development and networking opportunities
- social gatherings and recreational league participation
- travel experiences around the world customized for U.Va.
- U.Va. sports tailgates and game watching parties
Created in 2005 as a result of the Alumni Relations Task Force, the Office of Engagement is a department of Development and Public Affairs and works in partnership with the Alumni Association, schools and units to deliver high quality, comprehensive and diverse alumni and parent engagement programming.