Unit Affirmative Action Managers
The Affirmative Action Manager will help make sure the University fulfills its legal obligations as a federal contractor through the development of a positive affirmative action program. The Affirmative Action Manager is responsible for:
- Working with EOP to implement the requirements of the University’s Affirmative Action plan;
- Reviewing areas of needed improvement within the unit, formulating solutions and developing action steps to achieve placement goals;
- In conjunction with the Equal Opportunity Advocate, providing recruitment and selection information to hiring officials and/or search committees;
- Discussing affirmative action issues/progress and opportunities with the unit and working with EOP to provide training as needed; and
- Preparing and submitting to EOP semi-annual status reports describing the unit’s progress in the implementation of strategies for improvement in recruitment, retention, and advancement of women, covered veterans, underrepresented persons and individuals with disabilities.