EOP Champion Awards
Do you know an EOP Champion?
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs (EOP) is committed to recognizing and celebrating the ongoing commitment and efforts of individuals and organizations that promote and enhance equity, inclusion and access at the University of Virginia. The annual EOP Champion Awards honor individuals and organizations that perpetuate the principles of equal opportunity and exhibit leadership qualities that result in notable contributions to the cause of social justice and equal rights.
How to nominate an EOP Champion?
The EOP Champion Awards are inclusive. This is not a competition designed to select a limited number of recipients. Nominations can be made using the “Award Nomination Form” or by written submission to EOP. Nomination forms will be available on EOP’s website annually in July.
Who is eligible?
Any staff, faculty, student or organization that has exemplified one or more of the following criteria is eligible for nomination. EOP Champion Award Recipients are individuals/organizations that:
- Promote an inclusive workplace and/or learning community free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and exhibit leadership qualities which result in notable contributions to the cause of equal rights.
- Go beyond the requirements of job responsibilities in order to advance understanding of and/or improve the climate of UVA for underrepresented groups.
- Have the courage to speak up about issues of inequality even if a lone voice, and continue to keep these issues alive in order to encourage change in the workplace.
- Build bridges between underrepresented communities and/or establish connections among various individual groups.
- Take action above and beyond ADA requirements to help raise awareness and improve sensitivity to individuals with disabilities on Grounds.
- Actively and enthusiastically collaborate with EOP to implement the University’s affirmative action program.
The 2014 Nomination Deadline is Friday, October 3, 2014.EOP Champion Award Nomination Form (PDF)
The 2014 EOP Champion Award Recipients.
The 2013 EOP Champion Award Recipients.
The 2012 EOP Champion Award Recipients.
The 2011 EOP Champion Award Recipients.
The 2010 EOP Champion Award Recipients.
The 2009 EOP Champion Award Recipients.