To fulfill our mission, EOP:
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs is committed to eliminating discrimination and advancing equal access in all opportunities, programs, and facilities of the University in accordance with applicable federal laws, state laws, and University policy.
- Monitors compliance with equal opportunity laws and policies;
- Disseminates information about laws, policies, and procedures regarding equal opportunity, disability, harassment, discrimination and retaliation;
- Facilitates and monitors faculty recruitment and hiring;
- Develops and monitors the University's Affirmative Action Plan;
- Trains faculty and staff regarding applicable laws and best practices for search and/or hiring processes;
- Trains faculty, staff and students about their equal opportunity rights and responsibilities;
- Investigates and otherwise resolves discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints; and
- Prepares the University's responses to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's charges of discrimination, U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights complaints, and the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Human Resource Management's discrimination complaints.
Revised and approved November 2015