Recruitment and Hiring
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs (EOP) monitors the recruitment and hiring process to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws; to ensure that all applicants receive equitable consideration; and to strengthen the University's effort to broaden the pool of qualified applicants to include members of underrepresented groups.
All positions are processed through the University's applicant tracking system, Jobs@U.Va. (www.hr.virginia.edu)
The University of Virginia is committed to Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action principals. We will adhere to these principals by making good-faith efforts to advance the University’s goal of diversifying its faculty and staff, while ensuring equity to all.
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs (EOP) and University Human Resources (UHR) are available to provide resources and assistance for departments and hiring officials during the recruitment and hiring process.
- University Staff Hiring Official Online Training - (required for the hiring official of a University Staff position) *link updated 8/17/2015
- EOP's Online Search Committee Training - (required for all search committee members)
- Provost's Online Search Committee Tutorial - (required for tenured/tenure track faculty positions only)
Additional Information and Resources
- EOP Recruitment and Hiring Resource Guide - April 2014 (pdf)
- Checklist for Filling Faculty & Executive Staff Positions
- EOP Applicant Tracking Tool (excel)
- Increasing Diversity of Applicant Pools
- Faculty Recruitment Resources
- University Staff Recruitment Resources
- Prohibited Interview and Reference Check Questions (pdf)
- Federal and State Laws and Executive Orders (pdf)
- Equal Opportunity Compliance Reviews
- Veterans Hiring and Recruitment Guidance (pdf)
- Resources for Hiring and Recruiting Individuals with Disabilities
- Federal & State Employment Poster Requirements (pdf)