Recruitment and Hiring
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs (EOP) monitors the recruitment and hiring process to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws; to ensure that all applicants receive equitable consideration; and to strengthen the University's effort to broaden the pool of qualified applicants to include members of underrepresented groups.
All positions are processed through the University's applicant tracking system, Jobs@U.Va. (www.hr.virginia.edu)
The University of Virginia is committed to Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action principals. We will adhere to these principals by making good-faith efforts to advance the University’s goal of diversifying its faculty and staff, while ensuring equity to all.
The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs (EOP) and University Human Resources (UHR) are available to provide resources and assistance for departments and hiring officials during the recruitment and hiring process.
- University Staff Hiring Official Online Training
- EOP's Online Search Committee Training
- Provost's Online Search Committee Tutorial
- Employment Equity Training
Additional Information and Resources
- EOP Recruitment and Hiring Resource Guide (pdf)
- Checklist for Filling Faculty & Executive Staff Positions
- EOP Applicant Tracking Tool (excel)
- Increasing Diversity of Applicant Pools
- Recruitment and Hiring Training Requirements (pdf)
- Faculty Recruitment Resources
- University Staff Recruitment Resources
- Prohibited Interview and Reference Check Questions (pdf)
- Federal and State Laws and Executive Orders (pdf)
- Equal Opportunity Compliance Reviews
- Veterans Hiring and Recruitment Guidance (pdf)
- Disability Employment Resources
- Federal & State Employment Poster Requirements (pdf)