Frequently Asked Questions: Customers
- How can I pay my Accounts Receivable invoice?
- Mail your invoice stub with a check, money order, or credit card listed as listed on the invoice;
- Contact Us with your credit card information over the phone; and/or
- Visit our location with your invoice stub and a check, money order, cash, or credit card.
- Which Credit Cards are accepted at the University?
- MasterCard and Visa are the only two accepted at this time.
- How do I dispute a charge on my invoice?
- Please visit our Disputed Charges section for more information.
- How long do I have to make my payment?
- Please review your invoice to locate the time allotted.
- What will happen if I do not pay this invoice?
- Extending credit for the purchase of a good or service is not required of the University. We provide this courtesy to the community as it is not always possible to receive payment at the time of purchase. If an invoice is not paid and has not been disputed as incorrect, the University is required to utilize our other Collection Tools to encourage payment. The University also requires our departments to discontinue providing goods or services to customers whose accounts have become delinquent.
Questions about the University of Virginia's Accounts Receivable Department? Contact us at: UVA-AR@virginia.edu.