Each department who has been approved to process their own receivables for the sale of goods and services is eligible to utilize the Accounts Receivable (AR) department for uncollectible debts.
A “referred account” is a term used to describe a delinquent account a University department has exhausted their approved billing process to collect, and then that department has forwarded the account to AR for further collection efforts. These additional efforts may include the use of collection agencies, the Set-Off Debt Collection (SODC) program, and/or database searches to verify current address. For more information on these resources, please visit our Collection Tools section.
An invoice entered into the Integrated System by a Billing Department does not qualify as a “referred account.”
Collection Procedures for Referred Accounts
- Once a referred account is received in AR, a Final Notice is sent to the debtor, notifying them that the amount must be paid within 30 days.
- If payment in full is not received within the designated final due date, and a phone number is available, we will call the customer to arrange payment.
- If payment in full is not received within 45 days, the account may be submitted to the Set-Off Debt Collection (SODC) program and/or forwarded to one of our contracted Collection Agencies.
How to Refer an Account to AR
If a University department has exhausted their approved billing process on a past due debt and would like to send it to AR for additional collection efforts, please contact to refer your account, being sure to submit the required information:
- Customer Information:
- City, State and Zip
- Billing Contact Name
- Website (if applicable)
- Invoice and Service Details
- Description of Item/Service Purchased
- Individual who requested the Item/Service
- Purchase Date
- Purchase Order Number
- Other details regarding the purchase, such as:
- Specific information that would help us collect the receivable;
- Note if the customer has already disputed this invoice, being sure to provide the result of that dispute; and/or
- Include backup documentation if available.
- Department Information
- Department Name
- Billing Contact Name
- GL Account where the payment should be transferred
- PTAO that should be charged for any credit card transaction fees, if applicable
If a referred account has already been submitted to AR, but is no longer due or the amount due has changed, please contact to update your referred account.
For additional information about the University of Virginia's Accounts Receivable Department, please contact us at: , or call 434-924-7180, FAX 434-924-1034.