Services & Benefits
By utilizing the Integrated System, the Accounts Receivable (AR) department is able to provide centralized invoicing, collection, and receipt application for University departments. These benefits eliminate the need for independent billing systems supported and funded by the individual departments.
A few of the services and benefits offered by AR include:
- Immediate credit for the amount of the invoice when it is entered into the system.
- Printing and mailing services for invoices and correspondence with no fee to the department.
- Daily posting to the General Ledger for all transactions including payments, cancellations and invoices.
- Processing for all payments, which eliminates the need to handle and deposit funds at the department level.
- Providing an option for customers to make online payments using their credit card or checking account.
- Prompt follow up and additional action on unpaid bills by utilizing our Collection Tools.
- Compliance with University and State reporting requirements.
- Compliance with Federal, State and University regulations, such as the Fair Credit Billing Act.
- Credit card payment processing for conference registration fees.
Questions about the University of Virginia's Accounts Receivable Department? Contact us at: UVA-AR@virginia.edu.