Agency Risk Management & Internal Controls Standards
- May 25, 2011: ARMICS Brown Bag session being held at Newcomb Hall from Noon to 2:00 pm.
- June 30, 2010: The University’s certification of compliance with the Commonwealth’s ARMICS internal control standards was sent on to the Department of Accounts to complete the requirement for this fiscal year.
- May 27, 2010: As a follow-up to the 2009 Field Survey sent to Fiscal Administrators and Project Managers, we resent the three statements with the lowest scores to determine if there had been any change in ratings over the past fiscal year. The ratings collected this year demonstrated improvement for each statement, which included:
- My job description is current, accurate, and understood;
- My unit has the appropriate number of people and resources allocated to key functions/activities; and
- Employees in my unit do not work excessive overtime and do not fulfill the responsibilities of more than one employee.
- May 5, 2010: The Department of Accounts issued CAPP Manual topic number 10305 on Internal Control, specifically citing ARMICS as the definitive source for internal control in the Commonwealth. View CAPP Manual Topic 10305
- November 11, 2009: ARMICS Brown Bag session being held at Newcomb Hall from Noon to 2:00 pm.
- July 15, 2009: ARMICS Coordinators for our process-owners met to review the project plan for achieving the fiscal year 2010 certification requirements.
- June 30, 2009: The University’s certification of compliance with the Commonwealth’s ARMICS internal control standards was sent on to the Department of Accounts to complete the requirement for this fiscal year.
- May 31, 2009: The results of the Field Survey sent to Fiscal Administrators and Project Managers demonstrated a high confidence in the University’s internal controls. Over 70 percent of respondents agreed or strongly agreed with the 30 statements regarding the fiscal control environment. The three top-rated statements in the survey included:
- Managers and process owners in your unit have ready access to senior management in addressing significant issues;
- Employees are generally inclined to do the "right thing" when faced with pressures to cut corners with regard to policies and procedures; and
- Employees are committed to excellence in performing their jobs.
- March 16, 2009: Field Survey sent to Project Managers and Fiscal Administrators using select “Control Environment” assessment questions from the Department of Accounts.
- August 14, 2008: FOCUS ARMICS Taskforce met with the Department of Accounts (DOA) to discuss FY09 requirements
- August 6, 2008: ARMICS update at HR User’s Group meeting (meeting minutes not archived yet)
- July 31, 2008: Certified Corrective Action Plan submitted to the Department of Accounts
- July 23, 2008: ARMICS update at Accounting Services Brown Bag session PPS
- June 30, 2008: Certified Process/Transaction Level Assessments submitted to the Department of Accounts
- May 12, 2008: Memo from Department of Accounts PDF, Fiscal year 2009 ARMICS Directive from Department of Accounts PDF
- January 8, 2008: ARMICS update at Accounting Services Brown Bag PPS
- October 24, 2007: ARMICS update at Accounting Services Brown Bag session PDF
- September 30, 2007: Certified Agency-Level Assessments submitted to the Department of Accounts