FISCAL ADMINISTRATORS MEETING AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11, 2017, 10:00 AM
SOUTH MEETING ROOM, NEWCOMB HALL
Pre-session (8:45am-9:45am) - Procurement & Supplier Diversity Services
CATALOGS- MAKING YOUR WORK EASIER
1. Discussion of current new catalogs and additional ones over the next 2 months
2. Presentation by Medline—new catalog of Medical Supplies
3. Presentation by Daycon- Primary vendor for Cleaning Supplies
4. Update on the Research and Development RFP Project
Fiscal Administrators Meeting (10:00am)
General Comments – Randy Ellis
FY2016 Financial Statements are now available at the following website:
Also available in new ebook format, good for mobile devices
Payroll – Darrell Kozuch
· Payroll now reports up through Finance, no longer under UHR
· 2017-2018 Fringe Benefit Proposal has been submitted to DHHS, will take 3 or 4 months to hear if approved.
· Please let us know if you would like more Payroll information covered in these meetings, there are no more HR Users meetings.
· Hoos Well Money (Fall Challenge) – employees should see 1st check in February.
· The upcoming new Hoos Well Program will payout less money. See link for details
Finance Outreach & Compliance – Patty Marbury
Training and Brown Bag Sessions on back of agenda.
Brown Bag Sessions
· UVA Marketplace Catalogs – Making your Work Easier (including information on new catalogs)
Courses, Workshops, and Labs
Review our inclement weather policy at http://foc.virginia.edu/inclement-weather-policy.
As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or need to discuss training needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
· New 2017 Travel Workbooks now on the web. Please make sure you use. If you see any mistakes, please let us know immediately.
· Expenditure Management System Update
1. Go live planned for March 20 (pending final decision February 3)
2. We have rolled out the Ambassador program
a. Associate Deans and Dept. Heads have assigned individuals as Ambassadors to become Expense Experts.
b. Ambassadors are responsible for training others within their schools and business units
i. If you’re involved in the expensing process now, your Ambassador should be in touch with you…
ii. We have trained the Ambassadors – they are testing the system now – Feb. 3 – so I’m sure you won’t hear anything until after then.
3. Just as a reminder ExpenseUVA will replace the Travel workbook and payment voucher for all employee reimbursements, and be used to expense all T&E card transactions.
4. On-line training will be provided – it will be short videos based on the task/role. We will also after labs twice per day for 2 weeks after go live and once per day for the following 2 weeks and then one monthly thereafter. Users will be able to bring to labs actual transactions to expense.
5. Expense System will bring changes to the T&E card program
a. Last statement that will be reconciled through Chrome River
b. AP P-Card Holder responsibility in the Integrated System will no longer be used because the expensing process that is currently handled in the Integrated System will be moved to Chrome River
c. Additional notifications/emails will be sent to cardholders, Authorizers, and those with the AP P-Card Holder responsibility in the Integrated System
6. A lot of changes coming…but we will all have our Ambassadors to help us through.
Travel and Expense Expo:
1. February 21 from 10-2 here in Newcomb –
2. Chrome River/ Expense System Demos
3. Have a company here to create passports (paid for by individual or department/personal or business related)
4. Door prizes
5. Freebies from vendors
6. So please come and join us
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 10:00am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.