Fiscal Administrators Meeting
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall
Opening Comments – Eric Denby
ITS – Shy Hicks
· February Payroll not processed through LD to Grants/GL
I wanted to make sure that you were all aware of a targeted email that was sent out earlier this month.
Payroll experienced an error with the process that distributes pay across PATEOs for pay period ending 29-Jan-2012 (pay date 3-Feb-2012). Therefore, payroll did not transfer to GA/GL. However, encumbrances were liquidated for the last biweekly pay period. Employees running any of the GA and GL reconciliation and period activity reports or the LD_PAY & Distribution Adj History report for the month of Feb-12 will not see pay posted for this pay period until this issue is resolved. Note: this affects only biweekly pay for the period of Feb 2012.
We are working with Oracle around the clock to secure a patch to fix the problem with the goal of course to have the fix applied before month-end.
We will update the System Notices page when this issue has been resolved so please check there first.
University Human Resources – Janet Turner-Giles
SuperTemps Training – Cohort 2
· Trained in the Finance and HR Modules and come prepared with ID and Ikey. Made change in training this time by combining training in both modules, not just one or the other as in the 1st cohort.
· Had 516 applicants this time, 51 phone interviews, 24 Skype interviews and 17 in person, we now have 12, pending all final approvals. We will announce them in a couple weeks.
· Training will be from March 12-23. On March 26th, they will be ready for departments. Get your orders in early by contacting Janet.
Printing & Copying Services – Keith Tyre
Gave an update of services – please see website at http://www.virginia.edu/uvaprint/index.html
University Human Resources – Anne Broccoli
2012 Legislative Session/Retirement Bills
· Yesterday was crossover day
· HB949 (Rob Bell): Establishes an Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) that state employees can elect to join in lieu of DB plan.
-no details provided. This crossed over to the Senate.
· HB1129 (WJ Howell): modifies several provisions of the VRS Defined Benefit plan (AFC, COLA, and employee contribution rate, and multiplier rate). The 1% employee buy in piece was removed.
· HB1130 (WJ Howell)/SB498(John Watkins): creates a “hybrid plan” that would be a combination of the DB plan and DC plan. This crossed over.
Will return in March with another update
Office of Sponsored Programs – Sharon Brooks
· Application of reduction salary caps, <Salary Cap Form>
Information Security, Policy & Records Office (ISPRO) – Caroline Walters
· Some upcoming dates to be aware of:
o URMA for ALL - Feb 28 - 9:30-11:30 South Meeting Rm, Newcomb
o Paperless Office? Electronic Records Management - March 12 - 9:30-11:30 South Meeting Room
o Records Management for Research - Mar 27- 9:30-11:30 South Meeting Room
o Electronic Records Management Day - Wednesday, March 14th, Carruthers Hall Visitor Parking Lot
Do you have old computer equipment stashed away just taking up space? Are you tired of looking at boxes of floppy disks that you can no longer use, much less read? Would you like to get some more shelf space and get rid of all that outdated software? Is that box of spare parts just continually getting in your way? Have you finally accepted that the old equipment stashed in the closet just isn't going to be used anymore??
We have a solution for you ... and ... IT'S FREE TO YOU!*
The UVa Records Management office will be hosting an Electronic Records Management Day on Wednesday March 14th in the Carruthers Hall visitor parking lot. We will have a truck and personnel from Creative Recycling Services (CRS) on hand to whisk away your items to be securely and confidentially destroyed and recycled. This event supplements the existing procedure for disposing of University equipment. Creative Recycling Services is our contracted vendor - please see the Surplus Property web site for more information on how to take advantage of their FREE services.
Staff from the Records Management Office will be on hand to help you complete the Certificate of Records Destruction (RM3 Form) and make sure all the "I's" are dotted and "T's" are crossed.
Please read the procedures and specifics below. If you have any questions, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Information Security, Policy, and Records Office Conference
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Omni Hotel - Downtown Charlottesville
FREE* Registration with lunch provided
Registration limited to 125 - Registration will be available early April
The Information Security, Policy and Records Office (ISPRO) is pleased to announce the UVA ISPRO Conference scheduled for June 12, 2012 in the Omni Hotel, Downtown Charlottesville, VA.
This annual event, formerly known as the UVa Records Management Conference, will include great informational sessions on records management, information security, and UVa information policies, as well as special speakers on internal audit, research compliance, identity protection, and social networking.
Annual awards for excellence in records management and information security will be given, and the day will close with a little fun to test your knowledge of information security and records management.
The full schedule and registration information will soon be available on the ISPRO and Records Management websites.
*The conference is FREE - HOWEVER - we all know how plans can change. If you fail to cancel before June 5th or just don't show up, you will be charged $25.
Procurement - John McHugh
· Travelectra (new on-line tool) – still working on changes to make UVA user friendly, we have done over 1500 transactions, have had positive feedback. They have multiple levels for security, so some emails are not getting through to them. We plan to do pre-sessions in March and April.
· Contract Summary Sheet – reminder that bottom of sheet is a rating system that we encourage you to use. Comments go to buyers, we can address issues right away and can use when negotiating contracts.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 10:00 am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.