Fiscal Administrators Meeting
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall
Opening Comments – Dave Boling
Endowment Distribution – Changes in distribution schedule beginning FY14 due to discussions with upper management. Schools wanted distribution earlier. For FY14, there will be 2.4% increase.
Second half of FY13 – June 2013
First half of FY14 – July 2013
Second half of FY14 – Jan 2014
FY15 full distribution – July 2014...going forward from that time, distribution will be once a year in July
University Bookstore – Pat Perkins
Asked group if there were any questions about the Safeware Protection Plan, that was presented at the previous meeting.
· Verizon Wireless – Cavalier Computers is now a Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailer – See details at the following link:
Q. Do you plan to provide other carriers?
A. No, not at this time
· Enriching Academic Experience – the Bookstore assisted 4th year students in creating a book titled “4” consisting of poetry and creative writings with the Creative Writing Program and Printing and Copying Services. Following is the link to an article with the details.
Facilities Management Recycling Program – Victor Martin
· ROSE Program – Reusable Office Supply Exchange
· The ROSE Program collects gently or never used office supplies from departments throughout UVa and distributes these materials to anyone who wants them. Please stop by and take whatever supplies you like! The ROSE store is located in the Recycling building at the end of Leake Drive and is open Monday-Friday 8:00-3:00. If you'd like to make a donation to the ROSE program, please call UVa Recycling at (434) 982-5050.
Accounting Services – Debby Kessler
· Year End
Year-end schedule: http://www.virginia.edu/finance/genacct/key_dates.html
Treasury Management – Jim Matteo
Please see PowerPoint presentation.
· The Internal Investment Program quarterly results
· Cash Deficit Update
· Internal Borrowing Program Interest Credit
· The soon-to-be-approved Electronic Funds Transfer Policy
· Remote Deposit Capture Update
Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
· New created position – Procurement Analyst, needed because we are constantly looking at data. Shannon Wampler moved over from Supplier Diversity area fill the position.
· P-Card reminder – transactions by May 15th will be in this fiscal year.
· Description is required in Oracle P-card screen for any food purchases, hotel costs, gifts, or human subjects.
· Surplus Change
On April 1st, the local pickup of surplused items from University departments was expanded. All items surplused at the University will be collected at your departmental location and no longer needed to be taken to the Surplus Property Depot ("Depot"). Electronic devices or media will continue to be picked up weekly by Creative Recycling Systems ("CRS"). All other items will be collected by JLR Auctions Asset Bridge ("JLR"), the vendor who has picked up your furniture, building materials, and appliances in the past few months. This will eliminate all costs to departments for transporting items to the Depot.
JLR will have the same pick up schedule; all "General Surplus" forms submitted by Thursday at noon will be picked up on the following Monday.
Proceeds from the sale of surplus property will be held centrally, except for items purchased with "Grant" funds, and those proceeds will be returned to the grant. The "General Surplus" form has been updated to only require a PTAEO when "Grant" funds were used to purchase the item(s) being surplused. All other processes remain the same.
Please visit the Surplus Property website at http://www.procurement.virginia.edu/pagesurplushome for the complete procedure. Contact Dolores Hildebrand at 434-924-4233 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The next meeting is Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 10:00 am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.