FISCAL ADMINISTRATORS MEETING AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 2017, 10:00 AM
SOUTH MEETING ROOM, NEWCOMB HALL
General Comments – Randy Ellis
· GL Recon Update – As you know, Discoverer will be sunsetting for the GL module by the end of August. Our current GL Recon Process requires printing Discoverer reports. The MRP team has worked very hard to help us get a solution. We should have the new procedure ready to roll out by the beginning of July. You will receive more updates and training schedule (classes & labs will be available in July, August, & September) at the next Fiscal Administrator’s meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Hancock, Finance Outreach & Compliance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Operations Area Update – Lynne Schwar & Brandi Van Ormer
· The Comptroller’s Office name has changed to Financial Operations. Procurement and Payroll will soon be part of our area under the new organization.
· Financial Operations Website – in the process of overhauling content/organization and migrating site to Drupal. Your feedback is welcome at any time (email Lynne Schwar or Brandi Van Ormer).
Managerial Report Project – Christopher Birkl & Linda Leshowitz
Tips & Tricks for UBI – Drill to Details in GA_Summary_BBA.
· Many standard reports in Discoverer map directly to a standard report in UBI. Standard reports in Discoverer now include information on the corresponding module and tab in UBI for quick and easy access.
· The BBA by Expenditure Type report is located in the GA_Summary_BBA module in UBI, and can be viewed by selecting the same parameters as in the Discoverer version of the report. In order to see information at the Expenditure Type level, you must expand the collapsed Award and Org columns.
· The Drill to Details feature in the GA_Summary_BBA module allows you to quickly view transaction details from a BBA report. Instructions are included in the presentation handout and on the UBI Community: Drill to Details in the GA: Summary BBA Module.
· The “Mail bookmark as link” feature of UBI allows you to quickly send your current selections to another UBI user, allowing them to create a bookmark. Details are included in the presentation handout and in the Intro to UBI Manual on the UBI Community.
· Tips and Tricks handouts, Quick Reference Guides, and other helpful resources can be accessed in the UBI Community. You can also use the Community to ask questions or make suggestions, or email the UBI team at email@example.com.
Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
· Employee Relocation/Move – contracts are in place to improve experience. Means there is no need to seek competition, have a designated contact, eVa registered and a binding price. Currently with American of Virginia and The Hilldrup Companies. These have been extended through the summer because it is the busiest season. We are getting ready to negotiate new contracts, if you are interested in this, please let us know.
This is considered a restricted item in Oracle, which means they all come through Procurement to validate. We have realized there is not a lot of added value in this, and are considering removing from the restricted item table. Please email John (jm7v) if you have concerns. 93% of time, departments are using contacts, so removing the restriction could potentially remove delays in the move and improve the new employee’s experience.
ExpenseUVA has been live for 1 month now with a lot of activity. See ExpenseUVA By the Numbers for the statistics.
Based on the activity it looks like our Ambassadors are doing a great job with training.
Labs continue with very low attendance. Please ensure users to attend the labs to get hands on experience. We are having training sessions for cardholders and fiscal approvers and they are filling up quickly.
1. Tracking in Chrome River has been fixed.
2. The first card statement in ExpenseUVA ended May 15. An email will be sent to cardholders and their delegates this week to say card transactions must be expensed by the end of May. We have not turned on Chrome River’s notifications. That is still to be determined.
3. Employee’s emails have been updated in Chrome River. We are loading the employee’s fully qualified email and @virginia.edu. This should allow users to approve and submit receipts from the University email they usually use. With this change users should not set up an alternate email in Chrome River. If set up, it will be overwritten during the nightly process.
4. Chrome River has been updated to allow changes to the header after lines have been added to the expense report.
1. What is meant by the Gatekeeper in Chrome River. The Gatekeeper is Chrome River. The Gatekeeper will show up after all approvals and means the expense report has been exported to Oracle for processing.
SWaM Day – June 6. The University of Virginia’s Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services is hosting a Small, Women, and Minority (SWaM) Business Enterprise Day on June 6. We are inviting 20 or so well established, typically multi-million dollar SWaM firms from across the Commonwealth and around the country to UVA for a free, single-day event to help all of us get better acquainted. You are invited to the South Meeting Room and Commonwealth Room (from 1pm-4pm) where tables will be set up expo style so all companies can showcase their goods and services (e.g., security, cyber security, batteries and bulbs, promotional items, consulting (management, IT, environmental), storage and material handling, IT peripherals, design and graphics, relocation services/household movers, and supplies (lab, industrial, electronics)). Door prizes throughout the afternoon. If you would like to learn more about identifying and working with SWaM businesses to meet your ever-growing need for quality goods and services, contact Jack King (jek7s). He will be happy to come by your school/department at your convenience to discuss the benefits of identifying and developing relationships with small, minority-owned, and women-owned vendors.
SWaM Day Participating Companies:
GenComm, Utah/Virginia (http://www.gencomminc.com/). GENCOMM™, a privately held communications technology company, with offices in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Manassas, Virginia, is principally engaged in the design and integration of advanced audio and visual communications systems.
Incredible Supply & Logistics, Virginia (http://www.incrediblesupply.com/). ISL provides supply and logistics solutions solving the unique challenges facing the U.S. federal, defense, homeland security, state and local government and defense contractor community. ISL leverages our unrivaled experience, product reach and logistics expertise to help our customers achieve their goals on-time and under budget.
PrimCorp, Virginia (http://primcorp.com/). SDVOSB management consulting company with a broad range of program management, acquisition management, and logistics operations solutions aimed at successfully managing and executing key business processes from an outcome-based perspective across the total program life cycle while mitigating risks and optimizing performance. Specializes in business process reengineering, training development, and automated solutions with an integrated approach that focuses on incorporating the critical elements of reliability, sustainability, and cost effectiveness across the entire lifecycle at the on-set that will achieve the best value for our clients.
GovSmart, Virginia (http://www.govsmart.com/). A full-scale provider of IT Products and Services to the Federal Government and its Prime Contractors. We provide total IT solutions including hardware, software and custom services. We are an authorized partner of HP, NetApp, Panasonic, Dell, EMC, Microsoft, Solarwinds, Cisco, Checkpoint, Adobe, VMware, Xiotech, Cables to Go and more. We offer expertise as well as excellent pricing on: data storage solutions, converged infrastructure, unified communications, public and private cloud offerings, big data solutions, cyber security, printers, servers, server parts, desktops, environmental monitors, cables, routers, switches, backup tapes, batteries, maintenance, software licenses, and professional services. Our services include on-site and off-site implementation, depot PC repair, breakfix/post warranty support, pre-sales support/consulting, web development and custom programming services.
Batteries & Bulbs Plus, Wisconsin (www.batteriesplus.com). We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing battery, light bulb and smartphone/tablet repair franchise with a nationwide network of stores. With access to more than 60,000 types of batteries, light bulbs and accessories, we have the widest selection of battery and light bulb products available. We offer unmatched service to consumers, businesses and government entities at the national and local levels.
Air Filters, Inc, Virginia (http://www.airfiltersinc.com/). As one of Virginia's largest stocking distributors of filtration products, Air Filters, Inc. is a one-stop source for all your filtration needs. Since 1962, AFI has served clients throughout the United States and beyond with an extensive range of quality products; efficient and knowledgeable service; and filtration problem solving.
Greener Concepts, Virginia (http://shopgreenerconcepts.com/). Greener Concepts is a dealer for a number of manufacturers and distributors throughout the U.S. for Sporting Goods and Game Tables, Fitness Equipment, Furniture, Outdoor Furniture, an Industrial Products.
Gropen, Virginia (http://gropen.com/). Gropen is a full-service, design/build company based in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Promo Factory, Virginia (http://yourpromoneeds.com/). Promotional products.
ARDX, Virginia (https://ardx.net/). As a leading healthcare management and IT consulting firm, ARDX works to deliver integrated management and technology solutions to various agencies.
Dunmar, Virginia (http://www.dunmar.com/). Dunmar has expanded its original moving and storage services to include records management for the business community and exhibit services for the tradeshow industry. The company moves both residential and commercial customers and handles military traffic from Fort Lee, Langley Air Force Base and the Norfolk Naval Supply Center. Allied Van Lines continues to recognize Dunmar as one of its top booking and hauling agents.
TK Promotions, Virginia (http://www.tkpromotionsinc.com/). TK Promotions is a promotional products company that offers clients the best products ranging from awards and recognition items to tradeshow giveaways to custom apparel.
Colonial Scientific, Virginia (www.colonialscientific.com/). Colonial Scientific is a lab supply distributor that specializes in servicing particular specialized markets. Our catalogs and literature are designed for individual industries. They feature products that are widely used and comply with government regulations. Our sales force and customer service team are well trained in the features of our products and how they apply to your particular industry.
Azer Scientific, Pennsylvania (http://www.azerscientific.com/). Industry leader in laboratory supplies. Azer Scientific strives to offer top quality products at an exceptional value. Our mission is to consistently supply our customers with cost-effective, quality-engineered products, with exceptional customer service and proven reliability.
TriShield Integrated Security, Virginia (http://trishieldsecurity.com/). TriShield Integrated Security, LLC is a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and SWaM developing leader in Consulting, Assessing, Training, and Monitoring various Security Systems while implementing solutions to the government and private sectors. Our mission is to ensure we serve, secure, and protect our client’s information, intelligence, and property to the best of our ability.
Patterson Pope, Virginia (http://pattersonpope.com/). Records storage and materials management expertise. We take the complicated and make it simple. Your records, your stuff, your space – all simplified. If it’s in your organization and you can touch it, we help you store it, track it and retrieve it using less space and time than you ever thought possible.
Quality Biological, Maryland (https://www.qualitybiological.com/). Quality Biological is a primary manufacturer of media, buffers, supplements and reagents for cell culture and molecular biology applications.
Agile Precis, Texas/Virginia (http://agileprecis.com/). World-Wide Small and Medium Sized Enterprise ecosystem, both virtually and physically, which will increase the probability of success and sustainability of SMEs and vastly contribute to world-wide employment prospects and economic growth. Working with businesses to provide expertise, education, operational systems, sales and marketing, finance opportunities and additional services that are usually only accessible to large corporations.
Tiger Controls, North Carolina/Virginia (http://www.tigercontrols.com/). The mission of Tiger Controls is to be a national leader in electrical, electronic, and industrial supplies distribution through price-competitive order consolidation and engineering services.
Kapur Energy, Virginia (http://kkapur.com/). Kapur Energy Environment Economics specializes in economic, policy, regulatory and environmental issues. The firm provides expert advice on these issues to consulting firms, consumer counsel offices, federal and international agencies, state and local governments, regulatory commissions and environmental quality offices.
iconma, Michigan (https://www.iconma.com/). ICONMA is a global information consulting management firm providing Professional Staffing Services and Project-Based Solutions for organizations in a broad range of industries.
College Company Design, Virginia (www.collegecompanydesign.com/). Our passion is to help businesses grow and thrive… and look amazing as they do it. We adapt our design strategies to compliment your business objectives. Your market, audience, budget, schedule, competitors, tastes and personality are the driving indicators to determine your companies’ visuals. Your materials need to resonate with your audience and enhance your stature. We will work with you to actively evolve fresh strategies to maintain market relevancy.
Listed below are upcoming courses, workshops, labs, and Brown Bag Sessions for the rest May and June 2017!
We hope you will take advantage of these professional development opportunities for finance professionals. Links to enroll via Employee Self-Service are available from the Events section on the Finance Outreach and Compliance website at http://foc.virginia.edu/.
Brown Bag Sessions
· Using UBI: Tips and Tricks
Discoverer will soon be unavailable for GA, GL, and LD reporting, but like many, you may be reluctant to start using UBI to run your reports. In this session, you will learn about basic navigational tips, how to tag favorites, best practices for exporting and printing data, and customizing and sharing reports. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and learn about the UBI Community. This course offers tips for using UBI and is not meant to replace the Introduction to UBI or Advanced UBI courses.
o June 28, 12:00-2:00
Presented by Ashley Bagby, Managerial Reporting Project
Bavaro Hall, Holloway Hall Auditorium (room 116)
Courses, Workshops, and Labs
What is UVA’s mission? What is the Code of Ethics and why is it important? What is the organizational structure of UVA and where do you fit in? What is a PTAEO? What are the sources of revenue at UVA and how are funds processed? What do you need to know about internal controls, and what are some best practices to follow? In this class you will get answers to these questions and more, as well as have an opportunity to interact and network with other administrative professionals. This class is a required course for access to the finance applications in the Integrated System, but is also open to anyone who wants to learn about UVA’s financial operations.
All sessions are held in Carruthers Hall, Conference Room 2
This course will provide guidance in performing revenue reconciliations at the University of Virginia and understanding the requirements. In this course, we discuss how to comply with policy and procedure to accurately complete your monthly revenue reconciliations.
Carruthers Hall, Conference Room 2
Do you need help with Concur, UVA’s new travel booking system? During this lab, you will be able to practice, ask questions and even log into the live system and book upcoming travel with the help of travel experts from Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services. The lab has an open format – come any time during the session and stay as long as you like. Please enroll in a class so that they are not overbooked.
Michie North, room 219
As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or need to discuss training needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 7, 2017, at 10:00am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.