Fiscal Administrators Meeting
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall
Opening Comments – John McHugh
Gift Accounting – Debbie Emmart
· Marianne Harrison took Steve Farish (retired) position. She can be reached at 924-4013 or email mjh6un.
· Year-End Information
July 5, 3:00 pm cut off for gifts received - can be hand delivered to our office at 2405 Ivy Road (between Bellaire Market and John Deere Tractor)
July 15 – start July processing
· Reminder: DU, DR, ER and ED Awards need to come through our office instead of Cashier’s Office.
University Human Resources – Anne Broccoli
· Benefits Open Enrollment – dates changed this year, will be October 7–25.
· Bio-screening will occur August – October
· Health Plan (See link)
Information Technology Services – Sue Clements
· IS Downtime for Year-End Close
HR/Finance, including self-service, will be unavailable from 3:30 PM Saturday, June 29, until 12:01 AM Monday, July 1. Discoverer will be available.
Timecards: cannot be submitted during downtime, so should be submitted early, if possible. Managers can approve timecards through their email notifications during the downtime. Approvals will be processed when the system comes up.
Accounting Services – Debby Kessler
· Year End
Year-end schedule: http://www.virginia.edu/finance/genacct/key_dates.html
Office of Sponsored Programs – Sharon Brooks
· Year-end Dates
Friday, June 21, 5:00 pm all retro requests due
Tuesday, June 25, 5:00 pm – any LD sponsored activities G & Z
· Effort@ pre-session will be held before FA meeting on September 17, we will also have several demos across grounds, let Sharon know if departments would like to schedule session for Faculty.
Go-live will be in mid-October.
· OSP Official Guidance – on our website beginning today, how to charge Federal money (food, meals, etc.)
· Grant Reform – submitted May 31, is out for public comment
· State auditors are here now, OSP is in their cycle this year
Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
· Lifted restrictions on furniture up to $50,000, can flow directly to vendor, no buyer involved
· PO Notification emails - departments have asked for phone numbers, item numbers from vendors. This has been done with the help of ITS.
· Marketplace will remain up until 6:00 pm June 28 for year end.
There will be no meeting in July. The next meeting is Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:00 am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.