FISCAL ADMINISTRATORS MEETING AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2017, 10:00 AM
SOUTH MEETING ROOM, NEWCOMB HALL
General Comments – Randy Ellis
· ETF Kick-off Meeting – Today at 3:00pm in Carr 1&2
UVA Bookstore – Jane Sulentic
· Promotional Items for the Bicentennial
Preferred vendor, we bid out all jobs to get the best price
67% on all promotional spending
28% on individual orders
60% on shipping
Financial Operations – BC Worsley
· New Credit Card Policy
· University Payment Card Processing
· CACS https://cacs.virginia.edu/
o Website design, hosting, forms creation
· Housing Conference Services – full service event planning. http://housing.virginia.edu/conference-services
· Oracle Learning Management (OLM) requires Oracle responsibility – OLM Specialist
· Soon to be followed by WORKDAY Learning Management
· ITS – EVENTBRITE – open to University Academic Departments with exceptions - Kevin Duvall (coming soon)
· ITS – AWS Website David Parsley http://www.its.virginia.edu/hosting/websites/
· ITS – Qualtrics (primarily a survey tool) http://www.its.virginia.edu/software/qualtrics/login.html
· Google Docs/Forms (primarily a survey tool).
Managerial Reporting Project – Danielle Hancock, Linda Leshowitz, Matt Douglas and Chris Birkl
· Getting the Most out of the UBI Community
• All users with access to modules in UBI also have access to the UBI Community
• You can access the UBI Community from:
-The main http://ubi.virginia.edu website – click UBI Community from the menu tabs.
-From within a module – all UBI modules have a link down at the bottom for the community.
-The community website – http://ubicommunity.virginia.edu
For a more robust presentation on the UBI Community, join us at the Brown Bag Session on Oct. 11th from noon-2pm. Register Here
Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
· TravelUVA and ExpenseUVA Updates – Carrie McGowan
Ø Emails were sent to cardholders last week who have not expensed transactions or their expense reports were still awaiting approval.
Reminders for expensing that we have found through our audits:
· Card transactions default to expense tiles. Remember to change the tile if it is not correct.
· There is an Inflight Wifi sub tile under the Air Travel tile. Please use this for Gogo Wifi instead of the Telecom/Cell/Internet tile.
· You can put multiple expense lines on a report for same trip or same credit card statement. There are many expense reports coming in with just one expense line in it.
· Paying for seat assignments (American or international flights) is not considered an upgrade (economy plus is an upgrade because you get something extra like extra leg room) so you can use the Airfare tile.
ETF Money – contract for research and development equipment
110 contracts awarded
PO’s will flow automatically to vendors under $50,000.
Descriptions are important on purchase requisitions, not just providing the ETF number. Vendor needs to know what it is in order to fill the order.
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 10:00am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.
Following are the upcoming courses, workshops, labs, and Brown Bag Sessions for Sept-December, 2017.
We hope you will take advantage of these professional development opportunities for finance professionals. Links to enroll via Employee Self-Service are available from the Events section on the Finance Outreach and Compliance website at http://foc.virginia.edu/.
Brown Bag Sessions
Whether you are trying to protect your bank account or the University’s financial systems, this presentation will give you great information about identifying malicious activity. Using some easy to follow tips and techniques, you will take control over the security of your information. Topics include how to choose an easy to remember, secure password; protect your mobile device; identifying “phishy” email; and more!
o September 27, 12:00-1:30
o Presented by Jason Belford, Chief Information Security Officer
o 2400 Old Ivy Rd., room 189
o Complimentary tasting offered by Mezeh Mediterranean Grill (same as August)
· The Power of Print
A representative from UVA Printing and Copying Services will present information on how to use print materials in your communication plan. Successful communication today depends on the use of multiple channels: digital, personal, and print. You will see how you can use print to further your mission, as well as review the steps involved in creating a print job quickly, painlessly, and in a cost-effective manner.
o October 11, 12:00-1:30
o Presented by Josef Beery, UVA Printing and Copying Services
o Carruthers Hall, Carr-1 and Carr-2
o Complimentary tasting TBD
· Sustainability and UVA’s Green Workplace Program
Do you know about UVA’s Green Workplace Program? Team members from the Office for Sustainability will join us to discuss actions we can all take to conserve energy, advance sustainability at UVA, and even save money! Come join your colleagues for this session to hear more about the Green Workplace program, the certification program, and other ways to increase sustainability efforts at UVA.
o Tuesday, November 7, 12:00-1:30
o Presented by Dana Schroeder, UVA Office for Sustainability
o Carruthers Hall, Carr-1 and Carr-2
o Complimentary tasting TBD
Courses, Workshops, and Labs
What is UVA’s mission? What is the Code of Ethics and why is it important? What is the organizational structure of UVA and where do you fit in? What is a PTAEO? What are the sources of revenue at UVA and how are funds processed? What do you need to know about internal controls, and what are some best practices to follow? In this class you will get answers to these questions and more, as well as have an opportunity to interact and network with other administrative professionals. This class is a required course for access to the finance applications in the Integrated System, but is also open to anyone who wants to learn about UVA’s financial operations.
o November 28, 1:30-4:30
o December 12, 1:30-4:30
All departments spend money, whether it is for office supplies, equipment, or personnel. It is important to reconcile these purchases each month to maintain strong internal control standards. This course is designed to help UVA staff and faculty who prepare, review and approve expenditure reconciliations navigate these processes in the Recon@UVA system. We will discuss how to accurately complete monthly expenditure reconciliations for transactions that occur in the Integrated System’s Grants Management (GM) module in compliance with UVA policy and procedures.
Do you need help with UVA's new expense management system, ExpenseUVA? During this lab, you will be able to log into the live system and submit expense reports help from the UVAFinance team. You will also learn where to go for resources and help. IMPORTANT: This class is a lab where you can come for help with entering actual expenses, and is not intended to replace the online training. Please complete the Expense Management System - Online Training prior to attending the lab and bring your work with you. Please arrive at the stated time of the class and then stay as long as you like. For immediate training and help, please refer to the online training Expense Management System - Online Training
o November 16, 1:00-3:00 pm
o December 14, 9:00-11:00 am
Feel free to share this information to other colleagues, and managers, please forward to your staff. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 18, 2017, at 10:00am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.