Fiscal Administrators Meeting
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall
Opening Comments – Eric Denby
UVA Bookstore – Patrick Perkins
· Inkjet Cartridge Refill Service – Why you should use this service
1. Save up to 60% versus buying new cartridges
2. Same day service for your convenience
3. Quality guaranteed or your money back
4. It is eco-friendly – help out he environment
For more information go to http://www.cavaliercomputers.com/inkjetrefill.asp?
· 25% Off UVA Bookstore Football Friday – 2 left, 25% off all regularly priced items.
· Pumpkin Decorating Contest – Get a pumpkin for the UVA Bookstore, decorate it and bring it back for chance at great prizes. Pumpkins need to be returned by October 29-21 (by noon). Prize winners will be announced by 11/2/12.
Grand Prize: Apple iPad
1st Prize: $100 UVA Bookstore Gift Card
2nd Prize: $50 UVA Bookstore Gift Card and Einstein’s Bagels Coupons
Budget Office – Robbyn Minnis
· New Internal Financial Model
Moving forward at an accelerated pace
Will realign the allocation of financial resources and obligations with the underlying activity
Will be rolled out in phases
Project Director position is posted, likely will start interviewing for position next month
Steering Committee to propose recommendations to President Sullivan on how all revenues will be distributed. Retreat planned for next month to talk about options for allocating costs
FY13-14 Budget Cycle kicking off soon, questions about the new model in the process, will communicate as soon as we know.
Dedicated website is http://www.virginia.edu/resourcingthemission/overview.html
Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
· Receiving – Still needs to be checked often
· Reports – review often, if travel reimbursements are rejected, traveler does not get reimbursed.
John McHugh/Kevin Crabtree
· PanAm (Travelectra)
Went live Monday, October 8, by Tuesday morning 358 employees had registered. There has been a lot of activity. Overall, has gone well.
Added a section on our website on the left side, “UVA’S Travel Reservation System” with direct link to tool (for users who have already created a new account) and FAQs.
Let us know if you have challenges
What we have learned…check email, PanAM will send the itinerary by email, if haven’t received within 1 hour, check spam or call.
Set up profile first, makes process much easier
For complex reservations, such as multiple destinations, call or email PanAM directly rather than using the tool. PanAm support line is 888-502-3265.
System questions, call PanAm, they can walk you through it
P-card or travel policy questions, call Procurement at 4-4212
Hotel room booking using P-card can only be done using PanAm (tool or by phone or email)
Not mandatory to use PanAm, But PanAm will be adding functionality to further encourage utilization of their services, such as: airline discounts and National Hotel chain discounts.
It is encouraged to book Local Charlottesville lodging via PanAm – There are no booking fees with the local contract hotel vendors. Procurement is still negotiating hotels contracts with the Boars Head, the Inn at Darden, and the Omni – for these properties ONLY, a PanAm transaction fee will apply.
PanAm is not set up to handle reservations associated with major conferences that have locked down the reservation process to a specific weblink, options are:
- To book room at the conference hotel at the best rate available through PanAm (not using the conference rate)
- Book room at a neighboring hotel to the conference location
- Employee book at the conference hotel on their own and go through reimbursement process
- Pay vendor via the pay voucher
- or cash advance
Please see website for more information at: http://www.procurement.virginia.edu/pagePanAmTravelectra
The next meeting is Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:00 am in the South Meeting Room, Newcomb Hall.