GM Cost Transfer Error Codes
The following GM Cost Transfer batch that you submitted needs to be re-worked. Next to each batch are codes 1-17, the explanations of these codes follow below. Since the batch needs to be re-worked, the user will not need to re-enter the batch from the beginning but simply correct the expenditure lines that are incorrect. If it is the organization that is incorrect, the user will need to delete all expenditure lines under the wrong organization and re-enter them again using the correct organization. When the user is correcting expenditure lines, if the line is a credit line (i.e., a negative amount), the user will need to delete that line, save it, and then re-enter it with the correct information. If you need assistance with re-working/correcting your batch, please contact the Integrated System Help Desk.
- You must include a description/explanation of what you are trying to do in the expenditure comment field.
- When transferring a cost you must include the original reference number in the expenditure comment field as well as the Exp Item Date and Transferred Date.
- If you are an internal service provider, you need to include the date or the time frame (i.e. June 2001) when the charge was incurred.
- You should not enter any one sided entries.
- Entries should always balance to zero. If you enter an unbalanced entry and try to correct, you need to reverse the entire cost transfer not just the out of balance lines.
- Never use salary expenditure types. These transfers need to originate in LD.
- You should never be changing expenditure types between sides of the transaction. In other words, if you credit one project for office supplies, you should be debiting the other project for office supplies.
- The main exception to this is the procurement card. In this case make sure you include in the explanation field that you are redistributing procurement card charges to the correct expenditure type.
- Correcting an error in the original expenditure type is the other reason for changing. Make sure that this is in the explanation field and cite the type of error i.e. Clerical error, service provider error, etc.
- The instructions for UVA Naming Conventions of Expenditure Batches. See below: Actuals [A] followed by [email id] followed by the date [ddmmyy] followed by your own 3-digit sequential number .