Organizations must adhere to the following guidelines in controlling all equipment
purchased through the Equipment Trust Fund.
Terms of the ETF program require the University to exercise a high degree
of control over ETF equipment. All ETF items are owned by the Virginia
College Building Authority (VCBA), a State agency until the applicable bond
is satisfied and full title is granted to UVA. Until that title is granted
the ETF asset is considered to be “Active” (owned by VCBA).
· All ETF asset tags will begin with the letter
"E" (for UVA) and "CE" (for UVA Wise).
· ETF equipment is expected to be used
· If off-grounds use is required, Fixed Assets
Accounting (FAA) must be notified and an “Off-Grounds Certification request
submitted and approved by FAA.
· New ETF equipment must first be tagged by FAA
to insure proper identification and internal control before relocating to an
· If an ETF asset is being drop-shipped from the
vendor to an off-grounds location, the FAA Group must be notified and special
arrangements made for affixing ETF asset tags PRIOR to being shipped.
· If an ETF asset needs to go out of the
country, this requires both notification to FAA and to Export Control for
their collective approval.
· Each ETF tagged equipment must maintain its
original integrity as a functional unit. Components of ETF functional units shall not be interchanged
with any functional units.
· The organization purchasing the ETF equipment is responsible for its maintenance and inventory control.
ETF items cannot be cannibalized or disposed of in any manner (sold,
traded-in, etc). If disposal of an “Active” ETF item becomes necessary,
please contact the Director of Fixed Assets Accounting (924-4284).
an “Active” ETF item is ever lost, damaged, stolen, returned for credit or
replaced (tagged or not tagged), etc., inform the Director of Fixed Assets
Accounting immediately as “MISSING” ETF equipment must be replaced by the
responsible org with non-ETF funding.
End of Activity