This activity is performed whenever an award installment, of a type
that is monitored by the University Budget Office, (UBO) needs to be
created or modified.
As always, an increase in one award must be offset with a decrease
in another award. One exception is if the offset is to revenues
or transfers budgeted in Oracle General Ledger, (OGL). In that situation,
the second section of the Installment Creation Or Modification Form
should be completed with the OGL information.
The UBO cannot decrease an award installment until the project funding
and budgets have been reduced so steps 1-3 MUST precede step 4. Conversely,
award and project managers cannot increase project funding or budgets
until the installment is increased, so steps 10-12 cannot be completed
before step 8.
1. The project manager must decrease the award budget being reduced;
then submit and baseline the award budget.
2. The project manager must submit and baseline the project budget
3. The award manager must reduce the funding of the project being
4. The award manager submits a form to the UBO to request the installment
modification. Complete the "Request for
Installment Creation or Modification (ICOM)" form, available
as an Excel workbook, on the University Forms Directory.
5. If your department procedures require additional approval for
creation or modification of an award installment, obtain that approval.
6. Submit the request form to the University Budget Office as an
e-mail attachment. Send your request to: email@example.com
University Budget Office
7. Review request and resolve any questions with the originator.
8. When all issues and questions have been resolved, create or modify
the award installment using Oracle procedure "Creating
and Revising an Award".
9. Notify the requestor that the requested installments are increased/decreased,
and the related ICOM number
10. The award manager can increase the funding for the project being
11. The project manager can increase the award budget; then submit
and baseline the award budget.
12. The project manager can submit and baseline the project budget.
End of Activity