Red Flags Rule Program
The University provides required FTC Red Flag Rule training. You will be required to complete annual training if:
- You manage a unit or department with covered accounts or one that provides loans. (Training Coming Soon); and/or
- You handle transactions for covered accounts. (Training Coming Soon).
Annual Certification of Compliance by Unit/Department
Compliance with the Red Flag Rule program will be certified in the annual Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ).
What is the Internal Controls Questionnaire? Click here to find out.
Program Policy Guidance
- University of Virginia Board of Visitors Approved Program
- University of Virginia Red Flag Rule Policy - FIN-031: Prevention, Detection, and Mitigation of Identity Theft
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Red Flag Rule
- FTC's 'Fighting Fraud with the Red Flags Rule' video
- U.Va. Red Flags Collab website (Request access by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NACUBO: FTC Red Flag Rule website
- Educause Red Flag Rule website
Information for University Affiliated Foundations
While the development and maintenance of a Red Flag Rule Program is recognized to be the independent responsibility of our foundation partners, we would be happy to assist with questions regarding our program or related to Red Flag Rule. You may contact us at: email@example.com.
Questions about the University of Virginia's Red Flag Rule Program? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.