Incoming Wire / ACH Payments
Wiring Student Payments
Some students may find wiring payments to be an easier method of settling account balances with the University of Virginia.
Please follow these guidelines whenever wiring a student payment to the University:
- Payments must always be in U.S. Dollars.
- Banks often deduct a fee from the funds being wired, which lessens the actual funds received. Your account will only be credited with the amount actually received by the University. Please check with your banking institution regarding their procedures and fee structure so you are able to include the fee in addition to the amount owed to the University.
- The following information must be included with your funds transfer in order to credit the payment to your account. Failure to provide this information will delay the posting of your payment:
- Student Name: Full Name of the Student, as it appears on the bill.
- Student ID: Student’s 9-digit ID Number
- Note: Tuition Payment
The University's banking and routing information for sending incoming wire/ACH payment(s) for student accounts must be requested via email from Student Financial Services. This information is not posted on our website to protect the University's financial interests.
If you have any questions or need additional help, please contact Student Financial Services.
Please provide the following information in an email to Student Financial Services:
- Last 4 digits of Student ID number
- Student Name
- Billing Address, including City, State and Zip Code
- Estimated Amount of Payment
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Contact Name, if different from Student
Questions about the University of Virginia's Incoming Wires/ACH Payments? Please visit our Staff page to find the best contact.