2013-2014 Academic year
All grants and scholarship awards available to Darden students are administered by the Darden Financial Aid Office. Students seeking financial aid should apply directly to the Darden Financial Aid Office for assistance first before considering Federal financial aid programs and private loans.
All Darden MBA, Global MBA for Executive, and MBA for Executive students are considered to be enrolled for full time for each term.
In general, Darden students may receive up to $20,500 in Federal Direct Subsidized Student Loans during the award period.
Darden PhD students will be have the regular graduate student Cost of Attendance Budget and not the Darden MBA Cost of Attendance Budget.
Please note that the total of all financial assistance, including departmental awards and tuition remission, cannot exceed the estimated cost of attendance.
How To Apply
- Apply for a U.S. Department of Education personal identification number (PIN) if you don't already have one. Your PIN will allow you to electronically "sign" financial aid applications and federal loan promissory notes. Apply for a PIN online at pin.ed.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2013-2014.
For the quickest and most accurate processing, students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA online.
The University of Virginia's school code for the FAFSA is 003745
- Submit a University of Virginia Financial Aid Application.
This application is available on-line in the Student Center of the Student Information System (SIS). You will receive an e-mail from the Darden School with your log in instructions. Once you have received that information, log in using your University computing ID, and the password you created. Once in the system, click on Self Service. Then click on the link to the Student Center. Go to the Finances section and find the link to "Apply Financial Aid for 2013-2014".
- Some students will be notified by e-mail or in writing that they have been selected for verification. If you have been selected for verification our office is required to verify the information you reported on your FAFSA. To complete this process, please submit the Graduate Verification form to our office as soon as possible.
- Submit copies of your most recent tax documents (Form 1040 with attached schedules, 1040A, or 1040 EZ; W-2 forms) ONLY IF you were selected for Verification. Otherwise you do not need to send them. Independent students are required to submit both their spouse's (if applicable) and their income tax documents.
If you or your spouse are not required to file an income tax return, please indicate that on your University Financial Aid application.
- All graduate students must reapply for financial aid every year.
What Happens Next?
Your FAFSA will be sent to us electronically. We will review it, and if necessary, request additional documentation to verify your information. Once we receive and review all of your information, we will post your award information on the SIS, detailing your financial aid package.
PLEASE NOTE: Student Financial Services will begin awarding financial aid to Regular Darden MBA students after the Darden Financial Aid Office awards their endowed scholarship. Awarding of Federal loans should be completed by the time the Fall Bill is available for viewing which is typically around the middle of July. Returning Global and Executive MBA students will be awarded prior to the beginning of the Summer 2013 Term.
Receiving Outside Scholarships
If you will receive outside scholarships, you must notify us either when completing the University Financial Aid Application, or you may notify us in the SIS, under the Finances section, Report Other Financial Aid.
Non-University awards include all scholarships and grants awarded by agencies other than our office, such as:
University Alumni Association, Tuition Benefits/Reimbursements, and any scholarships or grants awarded by churches, fraternities & sororities, corporations, professional or civic organizations.