Preparing to study abroad
- Ensure that our office has an Authorization to Release Financial Information form on file – this form gives our office permission to speak to the individuals you designate. A blank form is available on our website under the Forms link.
- Update your current mailing address in SIS.
- Set up Direct Deposit through your SIS Student Center to ensure more timely receipt of your refunds.
- Consider having your mail forwarded to your permanent address.
- Discuss giving Power of Attorney to your parent or guardian
- Monitor your UVA Quikpay account for current account activity. Current account activity provides you with a real time view of all charges and credits on your student account. You are responsible for ensuring that all outstanding balances are paid.
- Continue to check your SIS Student Center.
- Continue to check your UVA email – our office frequently sends email correspondence as official notification and will only send emails to your UVA email address.
Transfer of Study Abroad Credits and Satisfactory Academic Progress
It is essential that your credit hours be transferred to the University as soon as possible following your term or year abroad because this could impact your Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Return to Main Study Abroad page