IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT FINANCIAL AID FOR ON-GROUNDS STUDENTS FOR SUMMER SESSION.
In years past, no additional application was required for summer session financial aid consideration. However, this year we will require a separate summer session financial aid application. In order to complete the application, you must first enroll in your summer courses (at least 6 credit hours). Enrollment for summer session begins April 15th.
Grant and Scholarship assistance for summer session is limited. To be eligible for any summer financial aid you must be registered at UVA Summer Session for at least six (6) credit hours. No exceptions will be made, and aid will not be awarded for attendance at a school other than UVA.
How To Apply
- Apply for a U.S. Department of Education personal identification number (PIN) if you don't already have one. Your PIN will allow you to electronically "sign" financial aid applications and federal loan promissory notes. Apply for a PIN online at pin.ed.gov.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2012-2013.
For the quickest and most accurate processing, students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA online.
The University of Virginia's school code for the FAFSA is 003745.
- Enroll in a Summer School courses. Once you are enrolled in the course (in at least six hours over the entire summer term), Student Financial Services will begin to award your financial aid. Check your Student Center under Financial Aid to see the aid you may have for summer. You will also be notified by email when the aid is available for viewing. If you do not have eligibility for grant/scholarship assistance and you have used your annual limits for the Federal Direct Loans, then your only options for financial aid are the Parent PLUS loan for dependent students and private student loans for either dependent or independent students.
- Students enrolled in Study Abroad Summer Session need to follow the directions under our Study Abroad section.
- The Parent Direct PLUS Loan is available for Summer Session. Parent's interested in applying for the PLUS Loan need to fill out an UVa Summer PLUS Loan Application. For more information about the PLUS Loan, visit our loans page.
2013 Summer PLUS Loan Application
If you are in the Teacher Education program and plan to graduate in December, 2013, you are considered a graduate student for Summer 2013. Please go to the Graduate Summer Session section for information about financial aid. If you are in the Teacher Education program and plan to graduate in May, 2014, you are considered an undergraduate student for Summer 2013.
Note: Summer Financial Aid is only available to students enrolled in a degree program at the University of Virginia and for classes offered at the University of Virginia.