This website has been created as an information resource primarily for internal audiences of faculty members and development officers who are motivated to seek funding support from independent philanthropic foundations and select corporate foundations.
The University of Virginia’s informational “gateway” for external audiences and companies interested in building closer institutional relationships is called Corporate Connections.
The Office of Corporate & Foundation Relations (CFR) is a division of Development and Public Affairs dedicated to building strong and mutually beneficial partnerships between local, regional, national, and international philanthropic organizations by matching foundation and/or corporate interests and priorities with the foremost programs and initiatives at the University of Virginia. Working with administrators, faculty, and development officers, our staff provides experience, expertise, services, and tools to successfully link the university with private foundations, businesses, and industry.
Faculty proposals for private sector funding are an essential part of the overall fundraising strategy for the University of Virginia. Many of the University's institutional donors want to hear directly from our faculty. With numerous faculty members applying for grants, the CFR office must find creative ways to share information, coordinate proposals, encourage best practices, and market opportunities to faculty—especially foundation funding opportunities—in cooperation with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR).
Our singular goal in CFR is always to serve and add value wherever and whenever possible—and specifically to share comprehensive research, relationship and funding histories, contact information, and proposal strategies for success.
Our office is pleased to assist by:
- Providing professional research assistance, informational resources, and strategic proposal development for foundation and corporate prospects
- Identifying ongoing or upcoming projects on the Grounds that share and match select foundation and corporate missions and goals
- Coordinating opportunities for foundation and corporate leaders to visit Charlottesville to meet and network with the president, key faculty, administrators, and students
- Sharing the most current requests for proposals (RFPs) with development officers, faculty members, and others across the University
- Facilitating equipment and other [in-kind] philanthropic donations
This site is designed to serve as a clearinghouse of beneficial information that will assist and support faculty members and academic units across the University of Virginia. If you have questions, additions, or suggestions on how this site can better serve your needs, we would like to hear from you.