Kappa Alpha Theta
- recently became involved with Minds Wide Open: UVA Celebrates Women in the Arts
- is partnering with Hope Community Center to start a series of “Community Brunches”
- have completed more than 600 hours of community service since mid-January. Additionally, they have set a semester goal of 1,500 hours of community service.
- has a Theta Pancake Breakfast scheduled for April 9th. Proceeds will go to CASA, the Court Appointed Special Advocates program, which works to stop child abuse and neglect.
- held a sorority-wide dinner at Trinity on the Corner
- held a Mary Kay Party at the house, which helped fund research initiatives focused on cancer research
- held a service project benefitting “From Us to You”, where sisters made over 200 cards for soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- welcomes two new transfers students to their chapter, Carolyn Murdock from Northwestern and Carolyn Crabtree from UGA
- participated in Celebrate Every Body Week, which involved spreading awareness about the dangers of eating disorders and unhealthy body images.
- participated in the Great Jeans Giveaway
- Last fall we were above the ASA (All Sorority Average: 3.391) with a 3.394
- Last fall, 42 of our members were on the Deans List
- Approx. 300-400 folks showed up for Hoodang and raised over 2k for Disabled American Veterans
Pi Lambda Phi
- Raised 1k for March of Dimes with a food & music event philanthropy event.
- Welcomed 15 new members
- Congratulates Matt Aronson on his selection for a lawn room next year
- Raised over $40,000 in Run Across Virginia philanthropy in conjunction with Va. Tech chapter in November
Kappa Kappa Gamma
- We welcomed 38 new members to Kappa Kappa Gamma this spring semester!
- Two of our second years, Raine Trainor and Maddie Gardner, are now becoming docents at the UVA art museum after a rigorous application process and interview. They are currently in the training class and will start to give tours next Fall.
- Our chapter GPA is now an average of 3.44 — moving from twelfth to fourth among all the chapters in the ISC!
- One of our members, Christiana White, received a grant from the Jefferson Public Citizens program which she will use to study and do research in China. Another second year in our sorority, Mary Van Meter, along with some other friends of theirs will be going with Christiana to participate in the project.
- We are so proud of our new ISC members — Ally Svirsky is the new Vice President of Administration, Liza Brown is the new Scholarship Chair, and Cristen Garret is a new member of the ISC Judiciary Committee.
Alpha Chi Omega
- welcomed 39 new members!
- congratulates Lauren Kimmel on her lawn room
- We welcome 26 new members
- Raised approx $3500 for Toys for Tots this past Christmas
- Planning of Deck Extension in Progress
- raised over $500 for Building Tomorrow with their Battle of the Bands philanthropy
- has brothers that will spend a Saturday volunteering with either the Salvation Army or Poplar Ridge in conjunction with an ACE project
- had 27 men accept bids for membership
Pi Beta Phi
- applauds their sisters’ strong involvement on campus, which includes but is not limited to: Third Year Council, Pancakes for Parkinson’s, RUF, Residence Life Staff, Student Council Appropriations Co-Chair, Virginia Women’s Club Volleyball, Inter-Sorority Council, University Guide Service, Madison House, Alpha Phi Omega, The Raven Society, University Judiciary Committee, UVA Equestrian Team, Seeds of Hope for Brazil, Akola Project Founder, Greek Intervarsity Exec, Semester at Sea Alum, Invisible Children, Amnesty International
- welcomes 40 new members!
- applauds their sisters’ involvement with “The Painted Turtle”, a camp for terminally ill children (one of the philanthropic organizations affiliated with Delta Zeta)
- recently participated in holiday sharing and several different 5k races to benefit numerous other volunteer organizations located in Charlottesville.
- will be hosting a karaoke night at Baja Bean in memory of Emily Dao, a Delta Zeta of the Virginia Tech chapter who lost her battle with cancer.